Thursday, February 9, 2012

A memory card in hand should be purchased DOH!

What you see here is the new memory card for my tablet, for now. I say for now because I actually want either a 32 or a 64gb Sd card, and I actually had a 32GB microSD card in my hand at a Walmart out in Millington when I decided to wait and see what they had at Best Buy. And What dear friends did they have at Best Buy a Full SD 32GB card for the same price($49.99) as the mirocSD at Walmart with Adapter. Now since I found it at one Walmart me with my BIG BRAIN decides "meh I can go to the other Walmart by my house and pick up a 32gb micro and be done with it," except the Walmart by my house didn't have one. What it did have was this 16GB for $29.99.


Now for some that seems like a "why don't you just wait until you go to the other Walmart again and get the other SD card or else order it online?" And that is a very good question, my answer is simple, because this way I can do the pass down method. Yes I have a method to my madness of buying this card now, most likely I will either head back out to that Walmart today or tomorrow or else near to another one that has those SD cards in stock, when I get there I will purchase the 32GB microSD card with adapter. Once this SD card is purchased I will then move the 16GB microSD card to my Blackberry doubling the size of the amount of media it can now hold and the 8GB to my Android phone. Now later on when I either order a 64GB offline or buy one in stores if they are finally stocking them I will move the 32GB down to my Blackberry(or if I have changed phones since my contract is nearly up what ever my new personal probably Android phone is) and the 16GB down to whatever new Android work phone I have because that phone is almost due for an upgrade to(yes I am about to be a complete phone whore with two new phones, sometimes it's good to be patient REALLY GOOD).


Now looking at the picture up top some may ask "isn't that package a little beat up?" And yes it is a little beat up but whether it be during shipping or somebody trying to get a quick 5 finger discount and failing the card was still intact and undamaged so I figured why not. This doubles the current space on my tablet, so if I start running out I can just move things over and will later on increase the space on either of my phones. There is no lose here, especially since these tend to last a while. Back when my Blackberry Curve was starting to die I had bought a 4GB microSD for it and that one is currently residing in Ero's phone because his died and I wasn't worried about the size of my work phone's SD card when I bought the 8GB for my Blackberry Bold. That kind of sucked when the 2GB that came in my Motorola Backflip died but hey things happen and you move on, I stuck the 2GB that came with the bold in there and kept it moving. As I have gotten more picture happy of course the 2GB is filling up as I use it to take pictures of installations as well as a few other items for work. But now that things are about to be passed down I'm not as concerned anymore it's about to get 4 times the space it had before, good times.

As for my plans for the SD card I just put in the tablet it's simple as I take pictures, download files, take videos or whatever I will transfer them over to the SD card as to not use up all the available space on my tablet. That way the internal stays good and I can Video, Snap, play, buy and enjoy to my hearts content. I have had it since November and the only reason I had filled up so much space was because I had mistakenly put so many digital comics directly onto the tablet as well as the Mens bowling outing. Which was cool, if I find a way to edit it down and it still be viewable on the web I will upload it. It was huge though over a GB so I have to find a way to reduce it and it still be usable, the attempts I have made so far keep having it crashing after about 2 minutes and the sound is stripped off.

But I would have left it where it was if it wasn't taking up such a large amount of on board space, I mean when you only have 16(12 usable) giving up a gig or more is a huge commitment especially for something I couldn't put anywhere else or get type of mileage out of it but with the SD card in it, just slide it over and let it sit until I remove it and put it on my laptop. So item purchased, installed and in use until it's replaced with the newer larger model I can't wait til they hit 100gb or more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Primal's Ponderings

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews