Sunday, September 16, 2012

Pay the DAMN REFS

Okay, I never thought I would say this but they need to pay the regular Referees in the NFL. If the Eagles vs Ravens game is any indication of exactly what kind of stupidity we are dealing with this year as much as I complained about the striped shirts before "I want that old thing back." I swear it was almost like I was watching the Keystone cops out there, except the Keystones were actually trying to be funny. These guys were serious as they screwed up the rules repeatedly, I mean if nothing else have the "spotting of the ball down."

I mean seriously I want somebody to go through and see how much time was added to the game as they had to blow a whistle, conference, and then respot the damn football after every penalty, dead ball situation or change of possession. Yes the game is fast paced, yes you have to remember the rule book as you attempt to judge the action to decide what is going on and if a foul happened. Seriously though you make a forward progress call when a guy is VISIBLY still in the air moving? The stretching of a jersey is a holding call on one side of the field but just let them play on the other(yes HOLDING happens on damn near every play in football, but seriously as chippy as that game was I think up til the 4th quarter there were only like 7 penalties)? They seemed to miss a lot of the "helpless reciever calls", I saw a few Eagles and Ravens players take shots to the head that should have been called. As well as a lot of out of bounds contact where last year we would have seen flags(granted on one of those plays I am glad they didn't call it, that would have extended a Baltimore drive). I swear it was almost like those phantom calls in a game of Madden where "it happened because we say it happened" not because you could actually see it.



Yes that call on 2nd and goal in the last 2 minutes was comical, ball going forward, hand going forward, body going backwards, oh it must be a fumble. I know some will say "It was intentional grounding" that is up for debate he COULD have been throwing to a receiver but the tackle smashing into his chest changed the ball trajectory. The previous one though where Harbaugh tried to get a sack when we caught that holding penalty I might give you. Vick just threw it forward trying to avoid the sack while diving to the side, the one at the goal line the guy was actually into his body while he was already throwing it.

I remember the double 2 minute warnings, ummmm the clock stops on a Defensive penalty how you gone run off 5 seconds, realize you ran off 5 seconds add them back on and act like people ain tired of your shenanigans. I'm a sports fan, I admit to calling the refs all kinds of incompetent now that I have TRULY witnessed incompetent yeah um could yall come on back. We sorry, as I didn't watch the Dallas game I don't know how bad the officiating was in the but I am pretty sure this strike will only last until Jerry Jones gets cost a game by some inept replacement ref. It's one thing if his team blows the game, "Every body has a bad game we will be ready next week" but for some guy you are only paying because you don't like how much money the other guys want oh hell no, Jerry would probably cut the check at the half and demand the game be put on hold until the real refs show up.

I often wondered if the guy going underneath the hood just counted to ten before he flipped a coin and decided it was either "Heads the call stands or tails reverse it." The Head Umpire appeared to have referee speak down, he just didn't seem to know what the rules were that applied to that ref speak.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Primal's Ponderings

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews