Thursday, October 27, 2011

How well do I know me Let me count the ways


Multiple Intelligences
MI symbolsHeadline: Find your strengths!
Your top three intelligences:
IntelligenceScore (5.0 is highest)Description

Social




4.57
Social: You like to develop ideas and learn from other people. You like to talk. You have good social skills. Effective techniques of enhancing your learning using your social intelligence include taking part in group discussions or discussing a topic one-to-one with another person. Find ways to build reading and writing exercises into your group activities, such as:
  • Reading a dialogue or a play with other people
  • Doing team learning/investigating projects
  • Setting up interview questions and interviewing your family, and writing down the interview
  • Writing notes to another instead of talking.

Language




4.43
Language: You enjoy enjoy saying, hearing, and seeing words. You like telling stories. You are motivated by books, records, dramas, opportunities for writing. Effective techniques of enhancing your learning using your language intelligence include reading aloud, especially plays and poetry. Another idea is to write down reflections on what you've read. You may also enjoy exploring and developing your love of words, i.e., meanings of words, origin of words and idioms, names. Use different kinds of dictionaries. Other ideas:
  • Keep a journal
  • Use a tape recorder to tape stories and write them down
  • Read together, i.e., choral reading
  • Read a section, then explain what you've read
  • Read a piece with different emotional tones or viewpoints — one angry, one happy, etc.
  • Trade tall tales, attend story-telling events and workshops
  • Research your name

Body




4
Body Movement: You like to move, dance, wiggle, walk, and swim. You are likely good at sports, and you have good fine motor skills. You may enjoy taking things apart and putting them back together. Incorporating body movement into your learning will help you process and retain information better. Here are some ideas.
  • Trace letters and words on each other's back.
  • Use magnetic letters, letter blocks, or letters on index cards to spell words.
  • Take a walk while discussing a story or gathering ideas for a story.
  • Make pipe cleaner letters. Form letters out of bread dough. After you shape your letters, bake them and eat them!
  • Use your whole arm (extend without bending your elbow) to write letters and words in the air.
  • Change the place where you write and use different kinds of tools to write, ie., typewriter, computer, blackboard, or large pieces of paper.
  • Write on a mirror with lipstick or soap.
  • Take a walk and read all the words you find during the walk.
  • Handle a Koosh ball or a worry stone during a study session.
  • Take a break and do a cross-lateral walk.

The scores for your other five intelligences:
SelfNatureMathMusicalSpatial
443.863.572.71
Just because these five are not in your top three doesn’t mean you’re not strong in them. If your average score for any intelligence is above three, you’re probably using that intelligence quite often to help you learn. Take a look at the Practice section to see how to engage all your intelligences.

On Jypsee Jynn's blog there is a link to a test(yup I mean I'm sure you could attempt to tract mine up there but just click on her blog it's fun) that gives you an idea of where your intellectual strengths are. And of course we all know who we are right, well hold on a second. Because looking right there
your's truly is a little surprised logic and math aren't in my top three, me Mr. Sit and plan it out and then do it, and if plan A doesn't work plan B-Z15 had better. so logic not ever crack a 4 WOW, but okay let's keep on going. Spatial yeah I can get home but sometimes not paying attention I can get myself crossed up(just see the Moose dog blog) and it will take me a minute to reorient myself. Once I do though "Tally Ho".

Oddly enough this little test is kind of blaring at me because some of these things are true and stuff I know I should be doing. I do need to read more and sometimes aloud to allow me to process the thoughts more then just in my head but in reality. We won't even talk about my need to start writing more(yup been purposely ignoring the hell out my poor blog here because of a post that I don't want to write but that is basically blocking anything else. This is slipping through but barely) the extended arms thing is interesting though. And we all know I love speaking to and with people(why else would I have a blog), I have kind of been absent lately from everywhere but G+(and technically the guy who's g+ this is attached to rarely uses his page he may again in the future when he gets his name back come on G+ and let us use Pseudonyms again) especially the late night Hang outs where we might discuss anything. man there are some great people on G+, as usual you find that places you have been possibly taking a turn down this corner or that you might have met someone new.


Digression anyway, this was an interesting test I may actually try some of those exercises later to clean up my chops a little. I may even  write that blog I don't want to because it's uber personal and I hate uber personal crap(I really do, I mean yeah yeah this is my blog and I have talked about personal stuff before but this is one cuts a little deep). I thank those who have continued to read and hey, questions, comments queries feel free to drop me a line and I'll get back to you. Feel free to leave your scores either here and on the original bloggers site and join the conversation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Primal's Ponderings

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews