Friday, October 21, 2011

Prime checking in (and the jersey face)

I'm kicked back downtown waitingh for a power supply to be delivered, needless to say I am bored. I know I've been waltzing by my blog here because I keep chilling on google plus on the late night. Those hang outs are fun and you meet a lot of interesting people, that being said its no real excuse I have two computing devices so I could hang out and blog too. I've been kind of blah lately mainly because by the time I get done work it was a little less than sunny out and I was probably in a tight or hot place.

Work wise we picked up a few new contracts have done some major installs and are hopefully going to have a good winter, not one to count my chickens before they are hatched. While there is nothing like new money, maintenance and service calls are what keep us going day to day until the next new big contract. Lots of long hours and late days, I love when things pick up and yet I hate it because I have less time to arrange my day to day.



Socially of course I am on the next big thing(of course you see the G+ button down the page) and I happen to like it a lot, the amount of control I have with who gets what, the fact that I know people are personally sharing things with me, or have me in a group of like minded people and all I have to do to see it is go to their name or look at my stream. While I am sure clutter will come eventually the fact that the opening page is pretty bare save my chat windows or my suggestions and invites is pretty nice for now. But we know how ANY online entity hates white space(even yours truly) something could be over there, something that could make money and thus push more profits into the coffers of the company. One of my Biggest time sinks right now of course are the Hang Outs, the up to 10 person video chats that allow us to talk to one another, see each others faces and does this kind of snap to thing where it focuses on who ever is talking.

In my personal life, yes I am still separated, yes I still live in Memphis, she still lives in the greater Atlanta area and things are still rocky and or stagnant. The end of the year is fast approaching I want out of Memphis, I really do my plan is to spend my birthday and New Years in another city come back work for a while and then move to another city. Yes I have said this before, as always there are extenuating circumstance AKA life happening on the down beat. You can either dance or stand on the wall but just like the music life will continue playing out until YOUR instruments stops. I had many goals when I left ATL the last time I really don't think I have reached any of them, okay that's not true. 5 years later the business is still up and running, the thing is I wanted to have it all just not a part. So yes professionally kind of happy, socially kind of curious, personally kind of bummed. But hey it happens right.

THE JERSEY FACE

A few weeks ago on face book a long time friend of mine decided that yours truly was too grumpy for the outside world. I don't know how many of you have read my many posts about my youth but I spent the majority or my snotty nose days in the state of New Jersey. Now all the Jersey jokes you can think of aside for the most part Jersey is known for being the way point for those who wish to work in PA or NYC but don't wish to pay the high property taxes. Over the years that state will wear on you, as such most of those who have lived there will at some point in time show this look


Yes my normal facial expression, no smile, almost no emotion, just the almost set in stone lifeless look. That look that I have seen some things, not all of them pretty, and really don't have a reason to waste on smiling for no reason. So for the sake of the world she took some shots for facebook while we were skyping one day, it was actually quite hilarious. I was looking at a gif that had popped up in my stream and then instant hilarity happened and I was unprepared, a laugh, a smile a few guffaws here and there and the deed was done.  As silly as it sounds she decided to make it this HUGE unveiling like people looking at my face was some huge deal just because there was a smile in it. I smile, on occasion around people who I am comfortable with. It's just how I am, many years of learning that every one can't be trusted and life is not always easy or fun.

Of course that started a slight uproar, not as much as she thought but of course more than I had said would happen so yes okay people hate seeing my emotionless face. It is a true face though, sometimes it looks more worn down then this(and yes I let the photo stay blurry on purpose my features are not as important to the jersey face as is just the overall blankness). She of course was joking about "that is your SAVE ME face, and we tired of it. Always looking like you need to be rescued", ahem I will admit that it looks some what like I could use a good time but rescued pffft not really. It isn't angry, it isn't happy it's just there. so if you ever wonder what this face is called here you go, the Jersey Face.

This is a late night entry I actually started it on my phone but meh something went a little wrong in saving it thats okay. I hope all have been well for those who continue to stop by thank you. I know I should be all disappointed because I was so close to last years total and then I appeared to have taken a few weeks off. Yes I know my keys were silent, somedays that's just how life works. I will admit to there have being PLENTY of this I could have written about, I just didn't have my voice fully about me. Not in that I could not speak but in that nothing compelled me to type these words to share. I mean the Jersey Face rebellion was last week, I could have blogged about this the night it happened and made a bunch of accusations that would later that day be shown as false. I love my friends I really do they put up with my moodiness like they are being paid. Like my blogging malaise when I fade away for a while I just do, valid topics be damned(and yes there are a few that I may speak on later) NORMALLY a laptop is a productivity device for me but I've not been using it, now I am.

if you see me around the midsouth speak, I may sooner or later change the profile pic here on facebook it's of me giving the camera a raspberry. I mean hey if the only smile pic before the one she snapped herself was fake(and it was I admit that smiles are hard to come by sometimes) to think you gonna boss me in to taking one, uh uh baby gurl that ain happening. SO she got the raspberry I gave my word I would change the pic, it wasn't the Jersey face, but it wasn't a smile.

I really do appreciate my friends though, I thank those who continue to read and for the newbies "Hi kick up your feet and stay a spell"



No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Primal's Ponderings

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews