Monday, January 13, 2014

the once and future case

I mentioned I was gonna get a new otterbox for my phone and here it is
 
Now there are differences and similarities between my first and this otterbox. The similarities are of course they are bother pretty damn snug to the phone, which I like. Also with the new thinness of the GN3 the otterbox case really doesn't bulk it up to much. just like the case for my note one it comes in 4 pieces



You have the plastic outer cover, the belt clip(which I always break so I am not even bothering to use this time), The back hard plastic case and the front part with the built in screen protector. Nothing is perfect but for the better part of two years my otterbox case was the armor my phone needed. The is the flap uptop for your headphones still pretty springy and keeps a nice tight seal. The hole for the stylus and the bottom battery port are nice and clean as well.



The differences start here, if you look there is this little weird section at the bottom of the phone over the home button. On the Galaxy Note 2 and the Galaxy S3 that part is just open a punch out in the screen protector, I am not upset about this change some gunk and grime always seems to slip in that spot so good job guys (golf clap) I appreciate this new wrinkle. In the pic down below you will notice it still has that little open spot in the back for the camera, hey while I am going to drop my phone I try to not drop it into liquids(try I have not always succeeded but I know the rice trick as well as the frantic break the phone down and wipe out every exposed crevice) it's an Otterbox not a lifeproof(and I checked for a lifeproof case for the GN3, none available).

There are some people who suggest before you place your phone inside the case to drop a little corn starch in there and swish it around a little bit to make the insides a little tacky and to keep some more of the moisture out. Unfortunately whenever I begin placing my phone inside the case I always forget. That and I am not such a lazy so and so that I can't clean smutz  off my screen every now and again. once you get it out of the box the install is pretty easy

Step 1
 I usually lay the phone into the back of the case first just so I can get it seated right. For whatever reason I always find it easier to attack the screen protector side second. If you want to lay it face down first be my guest but like I said this is my preference.
Step 2

Obviously step to is to attach the screen protector side, make sure that your home button fits in(which is a lot easier now that they cordoned off a spot for it instead of just leaving a hole). Make sure it snaps together securely and then that takes us to
Step 3

Putting on the squishy shell, it still pretty smooth they have added this weird pattern on the back to make it kind of nubby but it's still a little slick. I could make a step four about the belt clip, but again I will give you the steps
  1. I will put it on my belt walk around and be all happy that I have my phone on a belt clip
  2. I will walk around normally the belt clip catching doors or seats from time to time
  3. My belt clip will catch a seat or door in such a way that the swivel breaks
  4. Tears fall from my eyes as I have once again killed a belt clip(this would make 3)
Soo since I don't feel like killing another belt clip which will cause me to carry it in my pocket anyway, I just carry it in my pocket. Yes in my pocket right next to my personal phone, no I don't get them mixed up both phones have distinct ringtones.

I may change the tones for the GN3 since I basically put all my N1 ringtones on it and let it fly, I'm still feeling Curtis so for now he stays if my mood changes so will the ring tones. And yes if you are in both phones you have different ring tones in each phone, that way I know which number to answer. That's it a fully assembled GN3 Otterbox case 3 steps after the unboxing. I hope everyone is had a great weekend, keep on coming by.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Primal's Ponderings

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews