Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Yearly House cleaning Blog

ugh, I can't believe something I used to do all the time is now like pulling teeth. I mean I actually already had this blog half way written and I deleted it.

Okay time to put that 30+ word a minute typing ability to use.

2013 what the hell was I doing
Fought some, fell some, got a few more scars and a few more gray hairs.

I have the worlds greatest nephew, that little ball of energy between his favorite "It's me TV" vids to the game of let's toss uncle T's phone and act surprised that I found it over here on the floor game. He has made me smile at every turn. As he has gonna from rolling over, to crawling to stumble-running, to teetering along, to running and having a ball he makes you appreciate all the little things you forgot could be fun in life.

The dog, hmm I would kill him but I too enjoy the Little Calvin and Hobbes thing him and the munchkin have going on. I'm serious between the knocking the baby over to the constant basketballs to the face those two are like a 5 star comedy act. And yes I said constant basketballs to the face, little guy has a basketball hoop half the time he slams the ball through the hoop the rest is spent throwing "surprise passes" and when the dog is involved *boink* right in the kisser.

I spent some time in Texas this year, no I didn't go to Cowboys Stadium but I did visit with family. And recorded evidence that once again, the munchkin had been getting over on us. I mean I guess I can't blame him for having folks feeding him but the "whataburger incident" this little dude held and ate a burger the size of his face like he had been doing it for years. I mean who does that? I was playing a joke on him I was all "See grammy I can eat my own food" and before my mother could fuss at me for giving him the burger !Chomp! all while I am sitting there looking all dumb founded. Jokes on you Unc I got this lol.

I have hit the movies a few times this year, not as often as I would like but more than I originally expected when I saw the "planned releases for 2013" I got in some of the ones I had planned and found a few surprises. I know I know I haven't blogged a single review. I dunno haven't been in the mindset for that.

Sports:
My sixers are in a rebuilding phase STILL(god I hated that bynum trade even more this year). Though it looks like Michael Carter Williams was an awesome draft pick.

My Phillies well they had to have a few bad years sooner or later they won the world series, fought the Yankees in the world series and lost and then were the road to the world series. Sooner or later you have to get some new blood in there.

My Flyers ummm can we get a decent TV contract for hockey, its a damn shame my team made it to the Stanley cup finals a couple of years ago and it was a shock to me that there were even gonna be Stanley cup finals smh.

My Eagles whew what can I say, for a team that was in a BONAFIDE rebuilding year for them to make the playoffs wow. And yes when you fire your old coach(of 14 years), hire a new one, AND completely revamp your 30+ year defensive philosophy of the 4-3 to take on the much harder(though highly successful in the NFL with all the teams who use it) 3-4 if you can get to a record of 8-8 you call the year a success. You get to 10-6, win the division, and host a playoff game you smile like it's business as usual.

The Memphis Grizzlies: made a run to the Western Conference finals. Got spanked by a Spurs team built to beat them, fired their head coach, and hired one of the assistants. Yes their year has been rocky(which is being nice since pretty much EVERY member of their starting five from last year who was involved in that deep run has spent time out with injury.) but you can also see potential if they can ever fix the one thing that has been plaguing them for years:Get some decent shooters. Things happen and you have to do your best to adapt and continue. I was never a fan of the run and gun Hubie ball. Nothing against Hubie as a coach but the games the Grizzlies lost pre Lionel Hollins all pretty much seemed to be given away by players who were so busy trying to get their shot that they didn't seem to play any defense. Or grab any rebounds as if it were important. So yeah I hope the local team gets back on track soon too.

Blogging, what blogging lol. I know I am doing this one, but for the most part I ain been around here. And the say what I wanna blog, do I even remember the damn password smh. I may be back or I may not, I have all this smart technology so blogging should be easy and yet I rarely flip them to an app which would allow me to do so.

Maybe that changes and maybe it don't only time will tell.

All in all I lived the last year, not like it was my last but like someone who expected each day to bring something new. Similar to the "deathly hallows" Invisibility cloak owner. Each passing year I great like a friend, yes I can see where I have been. I can appreciate the up and downs, but where can I go next. Before this year I had never been further West than AR. Now I have been all the way to Texas. I really can't say what I haven't been further south than because I think Orlando is in the middle of Florida and is thus as far south as anything else in this country. I'm from the Northeast so while I haven't been north of NYC in the winter time ain much north of NY I want to hit anyway (brrrr cold, no. Yes I am a December baby, NO that does not come with some inherent love of the cold).

Thanks for stopping by, come back anytime who knows I just might be here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Primal's Ponderings

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews