Sunday, January 20, 2019

Movie Goals: 2019



Since 2018 was a pretty decent year for me movie going wise I figured lets see if I make a lists at the start of the year how it goes near the end. Of course there will have to be CATEGORIES for movies. I don't know if I will say the defnites cause I thought Equalizer 2 would have been a definite last year but I missed it. But at least for now they will be plan to see, Depends on the Trailers, and POSSIBLES. Now for some Possibles and depends on the trailer would be the same thing, but for me possible means that I either have an opinion about the project that is so so but I might warm up to it where as depends on the trailer is more like okay I have to see what they are working with because REGARDLESS of I like the actors involved TRASH IS TRASH. And in that sense I rate depends on the trailers higher than possibles because if the trailers blow me away(like the second and third venom trailers did) I might turn into a plan to see or it could turn into a meh, like Crimes of Grindlewald did. I don't know I think the inside baseball of the mystery of DumbleDore and Grindlewalds relationship didn't appeal to me since it was a mythical thing from the Harry Potter series. I will probably watch it on Amazon though and figure out if it was a miss thus look for the Sequel.

I know I haven't written a movie review in well over a year and the "lazy bloggers trailer Masterpost pt 2" is still sitting in draft but if nothing else this can be an end of the year thing in 2020. Who knows maybe the writing bug will hit me again with it's absent self. But yeah as always enough stalling lets get into the meet of it after the jump

Movies Arriving in 2019

Supposedly there are 65+ movies dropping this year as such I am in the mid 20's with ones that I either WANT to see or are at least thinking of seeing. yes all the Marvel Movies are on the list, DC, and a few randoms anyway if I can find a trailer for the movie typed I will post it. If not I will send you to the IMDB page to check it out and possibly modify this post later WITH the trailer as they come out. Since most folks probably aren't trying to get creamed when an Marvel Movie breaks the internet.

The Take My Money Crew

Captain Marvel, Avengers End Game, Spider-man Far From Home, Star Wars Episode 9, John Wick 3, Shaft, Hellboy, Godzilla King of Monsters, Alita Battle Angel, Glass, Shazam!

Captain Marvel, Avengers Endgame, and Spider-man Far From home are the most obvious ones. I have invested 10 years like the rest of the movie going world into the Marvel universe and the "Avengers Initiative" which, after the snap took everyone's breath away. So now I have to see how it KIND of Started(if rumors of the Eternals getting their own movie is true), see how they are going to UNDO dusting 4.5 billion dollars, and then how Spidey reacts to basically being killed by someone OTHER than Stan Lee and Brian Micheal Bendis. I literally expected to have my socks blown off, though AFTER the Disney Fox merger is finished I expect this to be the new normal. Oh and FISHBOWL HEAD was AWESOME, Spidey's villains tend to have the Cheesiest costumes and yet live action we have been getting some pretty awesome renditions, Me Likey

Star Wars Episode 9, what can be said. This is the 9th movie in the MAIN continuity. How is JJ Abrahms gonna fix the mess that Riann Johnson started with The Last Jedi. I don't mind some of the changes he made but he kind of didn't own anything. I can respect the choices he mad with Fin, I can understand Rose not letting him make the "heroes Sacrifice", I have no clue how they are going to work THROUGH the death of Carrie Fisher. This is 30+ years of dedication here. I want to know what happens next...

John Wick 3, man this movie after how Chapter 2 ended I have to know what happens to the Babayaga now. We saw what happened to Adrienne Palicki in the first movie when SHE attempted to kill someone in the Continental but John Boy actually did it and he has a 14 million dollar bounty on his head and has to figure out a way to clear it. How bad is John Wick really?

The Hellboy reboot is interesting. It looks like it might be good I like the character so I am willing to toss him a 10 spot with the dollar chaser. I am sad to see Ron Perlman go because he was awesome as Hellboy but it will be nice for the character to continue as long as we don't get Batman, the post Tim Burton years. Lord was that a bag of cats before Nolan wrangled them together.

Shazam! Can DC do it again? can they take a NON Batman or Superman movie and make money with it, they did well with Wonder Woman(where nobody else showed up) and Aquaman is still nailing lobs over the warning track, Can Billy Batson do the same. I will be honest, the movie looks fun that he really is going to be a Kid in and Adults Body with super powers really works for me. Yes he is as powerful as Superman but he's like 10 or 12 I forget. If DC can figure out how to direct the solo movies maybe they can get a better idea on how to fix the team ups. MY PERSONAL OPINION on why BvS and JL were so bad is because they were marketing gimmicks FIRST and movies made to entertain the masses second. Too much Shoe Horning, not enough Plot Development, and honestly who ever is running the DCEU seems to not like ANY of the Characters they were putting on screen together. If you don't get the character you CAN'T DIRECT A GOOD MOVIE ABOUT THEM. If this was PRE Avengers they might get away with it. But now that we see Kevin Fiege's vision you can't be coming with weak sauce anymore pal.

Shaft, supposedly this is another Shaft movie starring Samuel L Jackson, don't ask me why it took over a decade for us to get another one but we got one, let's see how it works out. I haven't seen a trailer yet but come on it's Shaft, one BAD MOTHA Shut yo Mouth

GodZilla King of Monster, I am a kid who grew up in the 70's and 80's monster movies were our CRACK. I literally OWNED a Godzilla toy. And got in trouble stomping through things and making a mess around the home. So since King Ghidira, Rodan, Mothra, and I think I saw one other big bad are going to be here trying to take down the BEST, I plan to cheese the whole movie long. I mean monster movies were always cheesy so I plan to enjoy it for the popcorn flick that it is.

Alita Battle Angel this movie looks crazy. She's a cyborg, with amnesia, but she is going to figure out how to kick metal butt sign me up. Hopefully it's not a mess but the trailers have me intrigued I know that Live Action Anime does not always live up to the hype but this one has potential.

Glass, I know Glass is currently out. I haven't watched Split yet so I will try to get that in before I go see Glass just so I understand WHO the beast is and why it is the villains are teaming up. Is M Night about to get his mojo back for REAL or is this movie 20 years too late? We shall see if coming back to the Unbreakable universe so late in the game cost what could have been an AWESOME trilogy much of it's punch. I like everyone else wanted to know what happened with Elijah and David after he realized WHO the true villain was at the end of the movie. Hell did his son ALSO have abilities once they realize his DAD was actually a Super Hero, and who is this doctor. Is she truly a skeptic or is she Harleen Quinzell?

Getting My Money for the Siblings

The new Dragon Ball Super Broly movie is coming out in theaters and Eikichi wants to check it out. So they are getting my money even if I was willing to wait until it hit a streaming service INITIALLY. I used to love watching Dragon Ball movies back in the day but I haven't kept up with the show in a few years. Hopefully it is fun.









Pages:

1

2

3




No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Primal's Ponderings

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews