Sunday, May 6, 2012

Young Justice, Really? Pt.2

Okay I have brought up a good number of Marvel super teams right, I have even discussed the super team that Most DC fans hope to see, but now lets get back to the big guns DC needs to bring out: The Justice League.

Green Lantern while not an out of the Ball Park hit, but neither was The Hulk, but he did build a better understanding to the fans especially when they did a much better SEQUEL. Unfortunately for DC Hal Jordan wasn't the fresh GL in everybody's mind. You had Jon Stewart scowling on TV screens on Cartoon Network every week and the hard nosed Green Lantern of the Justice League. And I like Jon, even Kyle Rayner the newest GL that was introduced during the Superman cartoon series was better known. Hal was straight Super Friends. What about the Flash, he had a TV show that was successful in live action for a few years, he's great comic relief too, why not make a movie about the Scarlet Speedster? Speed has been in lately, why not cash in on that genre?

Of course I am going to ruffle some feathers(especially since JW was attached to the project for a while) saying Wonder Woman, but just do it. Strong female leads are in, swallow the harsh pill go out there and put Wonder Woman on the silver screen, her original costume, her current abilities, Super Strength, Flight, Speed, the female version of Superman who can match strategic wits with
Batman, just do it. The Martian Manhunter look Jon Jonnz is okay but while I had heard of the Martian Manhunter before Justice league I didn't know too much about him so he might be a hard sell. Green Lantern, you did the movie it wasn't great it wasn't terrible honestly it was rushed. Please STOP KILLING OFF SUPERVILLAINS. If you did not rush to kill off Paralax  I think they movie would have been better received, trapped him somewhere until he better learned how to control his powers, called in the other Green laterns and banished him inside another planet whatever. Let Sinestro take the Yellow Power ring again and then begin the adventures between Hal Jordan and Sinestro. Personally I think the Green Lantern core, and thus the New Guardians ring series could be a money maker but it has to NOT be done like those bad last two Batman movies, stick to the comics not the camp.


There is another Superman reboot on the horizon I hope it goes well, Batman is about to end(supposedly or at least just Bale and Nolans involvement in it) so while Christian Bale still has his Batman look going I say you grab Superman, you grab Batman, find yourself a good Wonder Woman, a charismatic and funny Flash, Grab Ryan Reynolds(after he does Dead Pool), A decent Green Arrow, if you feel the need a Strong Aquaman and maybe even add Cyborg. And make the damn Justice League movie otherwise you will be so far behind that by the damn you finally get around to making it you will have a bunch of caveats as people say: I wish they would have made this when so and so was still young he would have been a perfect Superman, Batman, Green Lantern, ETC. Yes people probably see Sam Jack when they talk about Jon Stewart but that boat has sailed, Marvel has him locked in playing Nick Fury(to which he is awesome). He's not the only hard nosed black guy out there, no this would not be a job for the Rock or Ice cube, but what about Michael Jai White? or Morris Chesnut, maybe even Omar Epps, they might be able to pull off Jon Stewarts scowl. You already have Ryan Reynolds as green Lantern what about Shia Lebouf as The Flash? He can pull off a good joke, and has already done enough big box movies that people wouldn't have to stretch. And if you don't like him what about Chris Pine who played James T Kirk in the new Star Trek movie, the Flash is many things an incurable flirt is one of them, so having a guy already playing someone known for getting intergalactic strange might be a perfect fit.

Disney Marvel is in the process of buying back all of it's Intellectual Property and embarking on a journey to properly realize it's well known and respected characters onto the silver screen. I don't think everything should be 3D but I am kinda mad we didn't hit IMAX for the spectacle that was The Avengers. Because you only call on heroes of that scale when the crisis is about to engulf the whole planet. if one of two of them could manage it, naaaah you don't need all of the Big Boys, but a full scale invasion from Other Wordly powers yup call them in. I'm not saying it was perfect, yes there were a few more things, team members or future team members, places, and items I would have loved to have seen in Avengers but hey it was just the first movie. It has as of tonight made 200.3 million domestically.  The next highest opening weekend total is Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 2 at 169.2 million bucks or if you adjust for inflation since around Christmas 172 million. I saw The Dark Knight in theaters, it was good I loved it, I loved the Joker I didn't feel the need to watch it twice in theaters. I watched Avengers Opening night at midnight and last night (missed the 10:00pm show and had to scramble for 11pm showing tickets), and I wouldn't mind going again because it was that awesome. As fas as a team up movie is concerned I got everything I could want, and I am going to get a sequel, John Carter missed for Disney and was a 200 million dollar write off, I can't see a huge drop off for avengers next weekend. Almost everybody I talked to loved it(some people wanted Loki not to be the main villain but past that they loved everything else). They ran out of Swag in 2 days people 2 DAYS I got an Avengers cup with a Hulk topper on Thursday night Friday morning and by Saturday night the cups were gone, I still got a Captain America topper though just no Avengers cup to go with it.

And I know the theaters ordered extra, big event, everybody was talking about, they probably figured on selling a few thousand cups so they had them. Once people realized there were commemorative cups people were hopping back in line or changing their orders. On the first night I forewent my usual blue and red for a coke with no ice just to get the Avengers cup. Kitsune was there with me I bought him a sprite no ice with Thor(what does it really have to have meaning that I had Hulk and he had Thor, fiiiiine yeah yeah Primal is strongest there is he shook his head too) we were both happy until last night when we couldn't get a second Avengers cup. Have the Avengers Saved Summer Movie Season, I don't know check back next week but I know with a 400 million world wide number coming in too Disney Marvel is licking it's chops at the prospect of Wb DC NOT putting out the Justice League and giving them a free run at the box office.

Oh and stay ALL THE WAY til the end. Both the initial credit ending and the "who walked Robert Downey Jr's dog" credits ending it's worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Primal's Ponderings

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews