Tuesday, December 25, 2018

The Hunt for Christmas Newbs

Merry Christmas to one and all

Okay, now that we have gotten THAT out of the way "Hey Everybody". Another year is coming to a close, it's Christmas so for me it means more gray hairs, the full completion of another revolution around the sun and since Christmas Eve was a Monday 3 straight days off in a row. The birthday tradition was completed with a FEW minor hangups as usual most pizza parlors were closed, and since the movie I wanted to see started at 1:20 I missed out on some pizza lunch specials but it still was a pretty good day.

Enough with the pleasantries it's been a while and for no major reason than I just haven't been bitten by the writing bug, but it's Christmas which means new gamers, new games, and lots of craziness.

So first let us define Christmas Newbs/Noobs for  the non Gamers, the Christmas part is obvious- most wonderful time of the year, spent with HOPEFULLY family and friends, myrth, good cheer, good food, yadda yadda. Newb/Noob is another way to say Newby. New Body, New person, rookie(some might say New Booty but that's just cause they are making it weird). Christmas is the most obvious large gift giving time so a lot of people will be getting either gaming systems or else a bucketload of new games. Especially with all the black friday sales and stuff, as well as services like Xbox Gamepass and PSnow available. And if you are an online player most new system owners get a code for a "free trial" of the online service, and in the case of new Xbox owners 14 days of gamepass. Just enough to get you hooked on a readily available regularly curated stack of games.

Both Xbox and PlayStation charge 60 bucks a year for their online services so someone having 14 days to a month free to try it out brings on some of the craziest players. People with NO CLUE how to play some of the most popular multiplayer games, or while they may know how to play possibly not have a decent skill set built up to not sink a close match, or even just get you buried period in a match, or a contest. This isn't just people with random internet connections, nope these are people who are hopping into matches for the first time "to try it out" or hell since they aren't really paying for it to troll. Throw flash bangs at their own team, run everyone off the road, kill their own team mates(in hardcore modes or games like rainbow 6), just being a GENERAL NUISANCE in a match. Because once again, while they may have been bought or paid for the game if that isn't really their vibe and they are just blowing steam what do they have to lose?

A lot of times when I am playing or streaming(on Mixer or Twitch) I tend to be "Rolling With Randos" basically playing matches with random players and getting my wins, losses, and kills come what may. Oh, yes there is a Twitch account attached to my PSN but its been forever and I day since I played anything on PlayStation and Streamed it. WHENEVER I get to Marvel's Spider-man I will dust off the place and let everyone know. This basically means I don't know who I am playing with nor the skill levels, which makes Christmas Newbs my worst enemy. Because I break even wins and losses most days(hell I think CURRENTLY I have both won and lost like 334 to 340 matches so I am at 1.00 in CoD) regardless of the FPS, Forza I just end up racing, I am decent but I am either too cautious or reckless depending on the track. I will probably get top 3 to top 10 in the finish but yeah just a straight win is rare. I don't play sports games online like that anymore, fighters yes but just like madden or 2k NAH, if your connection is trash I do NOT have the patience. trying to pass the ball only for your connection to FINALLY get the packets and the players are all out of whack NAH. I'm GOOD.  Wait, if I am writing I can't be gaming, why that's right I'm waiting for the squad to get on that way we can get these Christmas newbs together and I ain got to worry about somebody not knowing how to use a character, denying entry in the wrong spots or else just wasting power ups/boosts. It happens and while we ALL need warm up matches(especially me, sometimes it takes me two or three matches just to get my groove on) it's better to warm up with folks who can keep the fight close versus being the only guy who halfway knows the map and the game flow and keeps getting met by the whole other team.

Which to be fair is going to happen to me ANY DAMN WAY, like I always have the worse luck of either getting on a kill streak(multiple kills in a row, whether quick or over time) and then rolling into the other teams spawn point(where the other team repopulates if its is a game with respawn/multiple life battles) and this ain Star Wars so rarely do I get to do the slide and run away. it's usually a "Whoops Spawn flip" and DEATH. Maybe I don't yell Whoops, usually Sugar Honey Iced Tea or Fully Unbelievable Crappy Karma but when it does I at least one someone to use that new intel to get a few kills off of it. I might get one or two folks depending on what weapon I am using but a lot of times running into a whole team just means you die and then are looking at you stupid. Only this blog is PG-13 folks I cuss too much when I play, my streams are DEFINITELY 18+. But if you want a good laugh come on through. So yeah today is the day that all HardCore gamers salivate for(if they have a dedicated squad that plays daily) the day when a bunch of newbs are about to come out and be fodder for the wolves. I am no different, I just ain playing with you on the team for the first day...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Primal's Ponderings

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews