Tuesday, December 1, 2009

It all boils down to Vengeance

I was thinking Sunday night after watching Ninja Assassin, that as I look at any and all ninja stories I don't care who's they are basically all a story of vengeance there may be sub plots but it's still about vengeance and if you think about it, because of the job description well can you blame them.

This about it they are assassins, somebody wants someone else dead because of a past wrong done to them. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Master splinter and the shredder enemies because shredder killed splinters master.

Okay let me head the geekdom train off now before I go on a tangent(technically I just deleted part of the tangent) and focus on Raizo(played by Rain who I'm slapping myself upside the head about I'm trying to figure out where I had seen Rain before it was in last year's speed racer as Taejo togokhan). Raizo is a bad mutha shutcho mouf. The rebellious son of the Ozunu clan, he is on a mission to destroy that which created him.

I like the way this movie was done, it mixed in some of the mysticism, a lot of the weapons(especially the staples), some of the history, a whole lot of action and some blood and gore. Now while I am not a fan of blood for bloods sake in a movie like this, yes you need it. I am also wondering with the way this movie was rated exactly why couldn't Tarantino show the crazy 88 fight scene in full color. Another mild digression, the problem with this movie is if I start to give too much back story you will be mad at me, because this movie is just that tight. Yeah yeah maybe the name will only appeal to guys, but it also has a love story(or two) woven in, as well as some drama, some mystery, and a little bit of wise cracking humor.

I will say this the fact that a human life is worth 100 pounds of gold to some people, hmm I feel honored. And if you ever get a sealed letter and it shakes like there might be sand in it, don't open it and if the sand that is leaking happens to be of a dark hue turn all the lights on.

Go see this movie, Raizo is the best man to do it since the dragon was entered, the fists got pissed, and the chinese made a connection. When I say you will see some tail kicked, you will some some straight up and down aw hell nah I ain going out like this, Raizo ain playin wit them. You have to go see this movie, I don't care if you got to do a trade off with your girl for an extreme chick flick this movie is worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Primal's Ponderings

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews