Sunday, January 8, 2012

17 months and what has happened

Atlanta Ga, lovely city I think I have been gone longer than I actually lived here. Officially moved to Atlanta in January of 06, moved back to Memphis in around February of  07 I last came here for vacation in August of 2010 it's now January of 2012. The delay was due to a rocky personal life, I mean I could lie on a lot of things but if I can spend high 3 figures on a laptop and buy a tablet money wasn't the reason I didn't come back. I didn't know if it was a good idea. When things get rocky we all wonder if closeness or distance will help the situation, once that decision is made you have to live with it you really can't take it back. Good communication can help a situation but as gifted as I seem with words sometimes even I often say the wrong thing sometimes, I make the hard decision just doesn't make it a good one, and I can be just as subject to emotional swings as anyone else.



So what has happened in 17 months: The Democrats lost The House, we've had another financial collapse, I've gone to the movies plenty of times, I have read a few books, I've traveled a few thousand miles(for work obviously not for vacation), I have celebrated 2 birthdays, made a bunch of new friends. I have probably typed up a few hundred thousand words(I have never denied having diarrhea of the keys), and given a bunch of opinions whether good or bad on various sites through various social media networks. I think some will say I have disappeared a time or two never intentional but while not exactly fickle I am a child of the night and shadows, I dart about, I disappear, I flicker in the candle light and I seem to be everywhere and yet no where.  I think initially I became like that because I didn't have a lot of friends in close proximity, so I had to travel to get to get to them anyway so staying in one place seemed silly. The ability to pick up and move around quickly was a skill that I learned a long time ago and have put to a lot of use.

I haven't taken a vacation since I was last here, I have taken a few days off(few as in one or two) for the most part it was all work work work, which sucks I never did like days running in to each other, I am a firm believer in taking some time to understand the WHY. We all have a reason we do something whether it's for school, work, family, friends, a dream or desire and that is the cause for us to slug on when it seems hopeless, to fight a little harder when we swear we have nothing else to give.  I know I reached that "amnesia" point a few times where I couldn't really remember that reason, I know why I came back the reasons that made me think it was a good idea to come back to a city I only came to for someone who was no longer there. Without a break that memory became not only cloudy but unsure, I get lost sometimes when days run together I hate getting lost, I hate forgetting where and when I am as well as the why. The why is that reason I am such a good friend, such a good listener, and hopefully a good spouse.

I am not gonna lie about doing some great amount of writing while here, I always say I will but it rarely happens I just hope to spend time in the arms of a beautiful woman, go on a few dates and relax together. If this journey continues so be it, if it doesn't at least me and an old friend got to catch up and say "Hi, how have you been. Sorry I didn't call more often and forget to say I missed you". I usually take two weeks but I guess this time I didn't want to push my luck, one step at a time whether it is closer or it is too far for me to walk this trip will hopefully help us both decide that.

2 comments:

  1. I really love the way you write and express your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Monica, how was your New years

    ReplyDelete

Disqus for Primal's Ponderings

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews