Monday, January 23, 2012

12,550+ hits wow where have I been

I know usually I commemorate every 1000 hits to the ponderings but as is known to happen I got a little tied up, a little busy, a little bored with writing and I hadn't been paying attention. So as I look through my published posts I noticed that hey the last one I recognized was the CLIMB up to 8,000, now I don't know about you but I remember the first few months and years if I got a hit or two a week I was happy. So to go from September having just under 8,000 to here in January(yes near the end but still impressive) have over 12,000 thats a little over 1,000 hits a month. Now to be fair a lot of these hits have come when I really wasn't creating any content people have pretty much been reading a lot of my old offerings, which is fine. I mean the fact that you see something I wrote in the last 3 months and decide, "hmmm I want to see what he was talking about 6 months ago, or what else has he tagged with this label" I personally find that awesome. I mean I do this as a hobby, for fun just to get random
thoughts out of my head, sure like any other youngster there was a point in time when I would have sworn I had a story to tell, probably still do. Doesn't mean I am ready to write it, but as the saying goes practice makes perfect, and if I continue to write more and more blog entries(I did more in 2011 than I did in 2010 not by much but more) then hopefully I acquire a little more confidence in my ability to match a few vowels and consonants possibly putting subject to predicate too.

Still, 12,000 hits and almost 360(350 but I have one scheduled to be published tomorrow morning, this one I will do tonight and possibly another one that I am trying to finish that I will schedule for tomorrow afternoon so possibly a full days worth of posts) posts wow and not only that but the past two years I have had triple digit entries, yes only a little over 100 but this is the blog that I really wasn't doing anything with for the longest time so I feel good about that. I hadn't made a post here or on wordpress in months. As I am apt to do I just dropped off the face of the blogging earth, maybe a fluff post here or there but I wasn't e-mailing them in, I wasn't using any of my blogging aps, nope I would either log in on my laptop or not and all and I would be done with it.

So the hefty figure of 12,000 hits on my main blog is a huge huzzah to me, don't care if someone else gets 12,000 hits a month I ain pushing that much content, I'm breaking who knows how many rules and sometimes I don't think my content is that interesting to get 12,000 hits a month yet. Not to mention I'm not spitting out blog links every day advertising, sometimes I will drop a link on G+, sometimes I think it spits out on twitter but past that, nope no big "hey please come read my blog" efforts. So for those who have been reading thanks, those who have been commenting bless you, and for everyone else hey come on in the waters fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Primal's Ponderings

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews