Friday, March 31, 2017

Happy Friday all

The Power Rangers review just dropped. It is a stuffy day, with heavy sneezing, and light tearing(my folks with allergies will understand) it's mildly sunny and cool actually. I will TRY and get into what I was talking about yesterday afternoon with my post about anime and the slight westernization of the characters, I may have to head to Barnes and Noble first to do a little bit of research into how characters are drawn in Mangas, because I am not much of a manga reader. I understand HOW to read Manga, at the moment I just don't want to read that way fucks with my immersion I am not saying anything against Manga readers Eikichi loves Manga, I am just not with that "wave" at the moment.

But yes as an Anime fan and a fan of Super Hero movies it is an exciting time, it is also time to take a good look at our favorite characters/stories/franchises/media and critique them honestly when they tell bad stories, make bad casting decisions, make obvious cash grab movies, or possibly tell less than fulfilling stories with our favorite formerly counter and now popular culture icons.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Primal's Ponderings

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews