Sunday, November 1, 2009

Mostly laidback sunday

For those of you who do not know, I was born in philadelphia, pennsylvania. At the time my dad was in the marines (which consequently always gives me a nice bit of humor when it is time for me to give folks my birth certificate but I digress) and I was born on the base. As such I grew up a philly sports fan, and I mean a real fan I went to the games of pretty much all the teams Sixers, Eagles, Flyers, Phillies, Wings(the lacrosse team for those who don't know that name). And yes I am a typical philly sports fan I cheer if you play hard boo if your stinking up the joint and I will go down for you every year. I'm such a homer that I only watch the superbowl if my team is in it to not give any ratings to the other teams(yeah yeah I know but what about the game, while I am a football fan I wanna watch the eagles play). And kind of sick irony living down here in memphis tennesse I'm in cowboys country that's right no matter how much the cowboys are sucking at the time if they are on and my eagles are on the cowboys are on my TV. Thankfully I have found some sites with nice gamecasts/gamecenters etc that can if nothing else show me the play by plays.  It's not the same as watching it but it is way better then waiting til after the game to watch the highlights on ESPN, or the NFL network.

Before you ask yes I anguish like most philly fans as the post season nears I don't care what sport because sometimes we will overachieve(sixers since AI left), sometimes we will come close (eagles almost every year), sometimes we will drive you insane(flyers I'm just gonna leave it at that) and of course sometimes we just win (phillies). I know we get trash talked to us because we are supposed to be the worst fans in the world, but come on we're pretty fair if you think about it if you play with all your heart here and leave it on the field, court, or ice we will love you forever. If all you ever do is run your mouth and under perform we don't need you. Call it blue collar, call it hard nosed we don't care if I got pony up money to see you play I better get my money's worth. Nobody embodied that more then allen iverson, anybody who says they don't get their monies worth watching iverson is lieing the guy leaves it all on the court. Every second he is on there, he may not go to practice but he plays til the final whistle and it isn't about his stats. A few years ago we had a game were he had 8 points but we were losing by double digits with a few minutes left, he had a streak I think he had scored double digits every game of his career to that point. We couldn't win he sat and let a few rookies get some playing time. Think about it, he could have been in the hall of fame or had the record for most games with 10 or more points but he ain about personal records he wants to win.

In my opinion billy king got fired two seasons too late. Yeah yeah I know what time it is yes I saw the phillies lose, it was a heart breaker we were where we wanted to be top of the 9th tie game, our closer at the mound. Good job by Johnny Damon, that double steal took away lidge's slider and as they say the faster it comes in the faster it goes out. Can we fight back to new york, yes we can. But not if our bats don't wake up yes we allowed a whole bunch of runs through either errors or boneheaded pitching but the last two games our offense has pretty much died when we needed it. It's kinda funny in each series before this we were kings of the RBI whether it was ruiz, howard, or werth we could get somebody on base and then somebody would drive the runs in. This series too many errors and just can't seem to get a decent rhythm going. I mean we can do damage with two outs we just aren't.

I know changed the entire direction of the blog, but as I have said before I am a random person. I have millions of thoughts pouring through my head at any point in time and what comes out is what comes out. Sometimes it will be entertaining, sometimes informative, sometimes it will be odd and wrong(though for the purposes of this blog I have tamped that down, but if you find my name on other sites well uncensored me it is). I think I am starting to like this format a little bit more. Say it the long way, yes I know I love the speed of a four letter send off but this is kinda forcing me to use the rest of my vocabulary which I have not done in a long time. I used to be a lot more creative, I won't say as prolific I mean I can spin a tall tale with the best of them(and might here), I can engage on almost any subject, but I do like to curse when I do it. Call it my small bit of rebellion against the rest of the so called intelligentsia, I hate pretense and pompousness it just irks the hell out of me. And as much as some say profanity is the domain of the small mind that is a lie. I mean think about it, if brevity is the soul of wit and the quickest way to tell someone off is a curse word, how is being profane small minded, in essence it is brief. In reality just like with free speech folks want to be able to say stuff and control what you say back to them, which in essense isn't free speech.

You can tell when somebody is trying to tune you up to curse them out, they just hope you don't oblige them. Usually I will on here I won't. Which is kinda funny I don't give this blog any pub currently as I don't know what I wanna do with it how can I ask folks to read it? I mean I have a few ideas, but as I have yet to really get them off the ground how can I tout my blog on such and such site? I mean yes I tout my ply blog mainly because it has a good year and a halfs worth of material. My rants of going to various places for work, driving here in the M or my visit to the ATL this year. My compositions on there are extremely scattershot to say the least, I don't think I have too many subjects of common theme on there save some rants about mississippi and tennessee drivers. I mean there are a few movie reviews(which I haven't done in a while, hell I went to see astro boy last week too it was good by the way), I think a few drink recipes, some pictures from when I barbequed over the summer(not of me barbecueing I was holding the camera).

IN essence it was like actually spending a few moments in my mind(trust me you don't wanna be in there too long I'm a little bit maniacal so you don't wanna be driven slightly mad thinking ok what is he serious about and what is he playing about) and yahoo 360 man that one well that one saw some extreme highs and lows, a few of the blogs on myspace too.

Ya know I don't wanna let this be too random, this was another glimpse into who I am. Yes blogging for the sake of putting something on this blog so in essence I get used to coming here to blog. To living within the rules I set for the blog and letting my creativity flow through it. I'm not really one for limits or rules, I have always had a problem with authority so to force myself to work within some is gonna probably pay dividends in the future. Hopefully you will see examples of that here.

Okay off to drown my sorrows in some alcohol after a tough loss

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Primal's Ponderings

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews