Sunday, November 8, 2009

Why I like the nice neighborhood liquor store versus the one down the street

There is a liquor store up in Germantown, down the street from the Wolfchase Galleria that I do most of my alcohol shoppin in. It's a good 15 minutes away from my house, why because I neither like the costumer service nor do I like the selection at the one in the neighborhood. Now yes I do live in a mostly black neighborhood and as such the liquor store has all of it's product behind bulletproof glass, I'm used to that. I am even used to them charging $2 or $3 dollars more then a liquor store in a more affluent neighborhood. What I am not used to is 1st the person selling me my alcohol not knowing their liquor, look I know you may be used to folks trying to drown their lives and miserable existences away in cheap alcohol. Maybe once in a blue moon they may throw a party and want the expensive stuff but for the most part it's rot gut all day.That does not excuse you from knowing your product, what if you have someone who just moved into the neighborhood that not only likes to buy the good stuff but on top of that like to buy the ingredients to make mixed drinks. If I want to talk to you or ask if you have any similar replacements what happens, oh you can't help me? On top of that just because the majority of your customers are lower middle class does that mean they deserve shoddy customer service? So yeah quickest way to get me to not shop at your establishment have shoddy customer service.

Now the one I like man, they have a big selection I can walk around the store, and if I talk to one of the sales staff they can give me some decent recommendations on what is a good replacement for something they either don't have or possibly that I have not tried before. Now understand when I go out to buy alcohol I usually on average spend between 60-100 bucks I'm usually either stocking up or restocking and trying to fill in what I need to make various drinks in case I throw a party or something. I like to drink and on top of liking to drink I also fashion myself a hobbyist bartender, so having the ingredients to make damn near anything is pretty high on my list. So if you treat me right anywhere from once to twice a month(I don't go every week like I used to economy is bad and I am trying to save up a little cash for the holidays) you're gonna get a decent sale.

Now some might wanna say well it is a liquor store in whats probably a less then stellar neighborhood doesn't matter I manage surveillance systems for liquor stores in far worse neighborhoods than this and the comparison of customer service between the two isn't even close. Hell you could barely tell what type of neighborhood is outside the walls(except for the bullet proof glass) by the way they treat their customers.  In my mind those folks just understand rich or poor these folks are paying my bills if I treat them right they will continue to come in and patronize my business. Now granted in this neighborhood I think it is a just a matter of the customer base not believing that they deserve better service, I don't care how down and out I may be I ain got to spend my money with you. I just don't now unlike other products yes you can drink alcohol, Ijust doubt you are gonna wanna drink it every day in lieu of not giving me decent service.

Plus Wayne's wine & liquor has lots of sake and plum wine, and for a discerning customer like me the more exotic alcohol you have the harder it is for me to keep my spending below 60 bucks, because I wanna have the good stuff and lots of it. I don't know why but good customer service in my mind because it is so rare needs to be rewarded, I will shop at you establishment just to make sure you keep those type of employees around. Oh well enough mini ranting about lousy CS I hope you had a good weekend and a nice relaxing sunday

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Primal's Ponderings

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews