Wednesday, October 27, 2010

And Netgear to the rescue

This one will have to be REAALLY quick and REALLY dirty, meh maybe not I type pretty fast. Okay well if I just bashed the hell out of belkin for it's craptastic adapter and I am able to post on the internet it must mean I found someone with a much better hassle free adapter. And that would be Netgear I am now happily surfing on a Netgear Wireless N-300 usb adapter WNA3100 and the main reason I am happily surfing on this netgear? the included a WIRELESS NETWORKING UTILITY I mean how simple is that, one piece of software, yes the device cost me an extra 20 bucks over the Belkin I'm blasting in the previous blog but hey it works, it works pretty easily too, hell I was actually putting in extra unnecessary effort to log on. Just leave it on any and viola I'm on and surfing.

I almost got the n150 but lets be real I do surf alot and I do sometimes game on here. I plan to save the box and CD just in case we get a new pc later and it's not next to the router either so that I can have the original software. Now I may come back and revisit this software in the future to see if there are any problems but for now the Netgear is getting flying marks from me. Stick in the CD, let it run, plug in the adapter, hell the little cradle is even perfect for sitting on top of my monitor so it's nicely out of the way and most likely won't get knocked over(I have a tendency to be like a bull in a china shop sometimes so I won't say won't). If I have an issue with it(of course this issue only comes up if I CONSTANTLY try to connect to a newer router) it's that it doesn't really offer you a choice on if you WANT to use the WPS set up routine, I mean yes wireless protected has it's advantages but seriously if he router is neither close nor in a common area not really kosher to just pop up any ol' time of night and be like "hey pally could you hit the button for me real quick?" Because let's be real my fellow netizens most of us are late night surfers. We get on at times of convenience maybe after work, or on lunch, the bus ride home whenever we have a free minute and a connection for our digital device. now if I use the "Any(first available network)" setting and not a particular SSID no problem(just putting that out there for those who run into a similar problem like I was at first) it connect to the router I wanted to connect to anyway and bounce between the two if ones signal is either weak or I get bumped thus constant surfing. And of course "That's what I waaaaaaawawant, that's what I like"( told yall I talk in pop references and songs sometimes what) so for now the belkin is back at wally world(though its saga is not completely over), I'm back on the net (Go team Venture), and all is right in my seedy little world. I hope everybody has a great hump day, hmm this was quick and dirty even with linkage I Rock

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Primal's Ponderings

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews