Sunday, February 20, 2011

The trailers for: "I am number 4"

Disney's Prom

I almost thought this was "High School Musical" whatever because I mean thats what it looked like:a generic angsty teen age movie where the kids were basically hashing out what they were going to do for their last big hurrah: Senior(I'm assuming) Prom. It appears to follow the "hi jinx" of 4 couples(actually 3 couples and one dude trying to ask out his high school crush, snake bit doesn't begin to explain the futility of dudes attempts). Nope not even remotely interested in this movie further the fact that it made me think it was another movie I had no desire to see did not bode well for it in my mind. There have been a million "Teen coming of age" movies many of them were epic and we fell in love with them:Weird Science, 16 Candles, The breakfast club, hell Superbad, Ferris Beulers day off, meatballs okay problem is many of the movies that are going to pop into my head were the classics from my day. I guess Juno could be considered one as well, Clueless, minds drawing a blank really on some of the names I can see some of the actors faces but see that is me going through a lot more work then is necessary for a movie I think is going to be dull and boring.

X-men:First Class



As the trailer scrolls by: Would you like to mean Professor X when he was just Charles, how about Magneto when he was just Eric Lenserr. This tells the tale of our favorite X characters before they became the team we know and love*sound of screeching breaks* okay let me back off a little bit. This is not really the first X-class. First off Emma Frost was not a "Founding X-man" beast was, and they show him turning blue, Cyclops was but err ummm dude was wolvering origins set back in the early 1960's? Wasp an avenger APPEARS to be in this movie(not only that but appears to be a total slut as it looks like she's about to get it on with Charles and Eric, but I digress and what a sexual resume she has) I'm gonna say appears because I only saw her back and while those do LOOK like how Marvel has drawn wasps wings forever she is not the only mutant(oops !!spoiler alert!!, but if by now you don't know that Wasp is a mutant you don't read Marvel comics anyway so pfft now you know a "BIG" secret or at least it was for the longest) who has an "insectoid mutation".  Alex summers MAY have been in the movie as well I saw Cyclops powers being using and it also appear that a mutant was shooting energy blasts from his hands.

To be fair(and somewhat nit picky, but as a Marvellite I'm not gonna give them a free pass knowing how much I love the source material) anybody who wants to kvetch because Iceman, Marvel girl(Jean grey), and Angel appear not to be in this movie fully can. That is the original X-men class. Storm, Wolverine, Colossus, Forge, Psylocke, Rogue, Kitty pride, and Gambit were all much later additions to the team. This also appears to tell the tale of how Charles lost his legs(I will save this spoiler cause I know and it's kind of cruel and kind of awesome at the same time), why magneto has that helmet, how Cerebro was built, I'm guessing the origin of the Blackbird, and POSSIBLY the world stance on mutants as well as the differences between Professor X and Magneto's philosophies. So yes I am looking forward to this ones, as well as trying to find a decent "team list".



Cowboys & Aliens

A lone cowboy wakes up in the middle of the desert face dusty, mouth dry and disoriented. He is immediately surrounded by gunmen telling him to "put his hands up", one gets too close and within the span of about 30 seconds he has taken them all down and secured "a hat". The cowboy heads into a nearby town and everybody is looking at him funny, while he seems to have no recollection of who he is who ever he was is a wanted man. So he's arrested, put into a cage and is about to be sent to the martial. Out on the ponderosa word of his return has reached an old ornery rancher who storms into town and seems to want his head.

The rancher rides in with a Posse and it seems is ready to have a showdown for the dusty cowboy, his exact words "You give him to me right now, or Imma TAKE HIM" pretty straight forward. In the cage the cowboy looks at his arm as this weird device attached to it begins to light up and make strange noises. In the distance there are weird lights in the sky, every body turns to them. They appear to get closer and then vanish, once they reappear all hell breaks loose. Strange directional light beams (I'm speaking like I'm one of those old west towns folk right now, I know they were probably lasers, plasma weapons, and other energy ordinance) cause huge explosions and destruction down the streets as these lights sweep in towards the town folk. Somehow his rolling cage is broken open and our amnesiac cowboy uses the weird looking device on his arm to shoot down one of the ornery varmits terrorizing the skies.

Quick synopsis from what you see in the trailer, I've seen this one a few times so again Jon Fav get's props for getting Harrison Ford back in a fedora and dusty clothes. Daniel Craig is our Alien abducted(I think alien abducted haven't seen the movie yet to know for sure) cowboy with the butt kicking watch, it looks to be an action packed story in the wild west. I can't wait to see it(my little brother was a little less than enthused about it, screw him he'll come around) I hope this is a great movie.

Real Steel

Again the story of real life walking talking Rock 'em Sock 'em robots. I mean I'm over simplifying and it is starting to look cooler but basically we have giant steel behemoths kicking each others butts in the arena. Hugh Jackman stars as a washed up fighter(or at least I take it as washed up from some of the "flashback" sequences and aging photos they show) who decides to build himself a robot boxer. He gives some "pep" talk about "the steel never stops", kind of gives me an old Burgess Meredith vibe at times, kind of like this is Robot Rocky, which it could be. It seems as the story progresses he goes from a small banged up robot, to a much bugger, more famous brightly colored banger.  Though if the trailer is to be believed at some point in time Mr. bright and shiney gets his butt kicked hard. So Real Steel looks interesting, I might check it out.

By the way the official site takes a minute to load, it's not a virus(though I was a little skeptical too I see 100% load and a black screen I'm like WTF). Hope you enjoy reading this blog, the "I am number 4" blog is coming later on tonight, was a long work weekend

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Primal's Ponderings

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews