Thursday, March 17, 2016

The Trailers for Kung Fu Panda 2 (5/28/11)

As this is Memorial Day weekend and the movie industry is trying to get more bang for it's buck there are two releases this weekend, this is my first movie of the weekend(and since Lank has a habit of flaking I will probably do the review for KFP2 tonight and walk to The Hangover 2 tomorrow) I missed most of the first trailer but meh, it wasn't really a movie I want to see anyway. Looks like because this was an animated movie they decided to do all the "kiddie/family" trailers on it oh well, you go see an animated movie you take that risk, well away we go to the trailers from Kung Fu Panda 2:the search for more Kung Fu AWESOMENESS

Judy Moody and the not Bummer Summer

A movie along the lines of Superfudge(and something else that slips my eclectic memory, I swear when this wave crescendos in I'm gonna be pissed) young precocious kid, annoying sibling, wacky hijinx either during the school year or during the summer. It seems Judy's parents are going on some trip out of town and Judy has this "summer of thrills" things planned with the other girls in her school. Problem is she's been stuck with Stink(her little brother, I don't know what it is with giving younger siblings messed up nick names, stops talking before I incriminate myself) and has very few "Thrill coins" stocked up so she is waaay behind. Enter Aunt Opal, untamed curls, somewhat distant ding batty look to her eyes and the fun begins. Yes when I was younger movies like this would have appealed to me my sense of wanting to escape from the apartment and go out and explore the world, but now I'm good this is too kiddie even for a walk down memory lane.

*The Adventures of * Tin Tin

The loveable English children's character with the little white Scottish Terrier is back, I mean I know he got an HBO children's series a while back and you know while his action, adventure, mystery, and suspense them is right up my alley, meh never got into Tin Tin. Hell I knew exactly what the movie was about half way through the trailer and somehow mentally tuned it out. Tin Tin is on some adventure, to find some thing, over seas, air, dessert(why is he always crossing a damn dessert) and running through this city and that, hiding in back alleys, eavesdropping on shady people. If you are a Tin Tin fan and feel I am giving him a bad rap, I freely open up the comments for you to state his case, and it has nothing to do with him being British. I love C.S. Lewis characters, Robin Hood, King Arthur, as well as the Harry Potter books, and The Chronicles of Prydain series.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Another one of my trailer blogs, I know a new Kung fu Panda movie came out I just wasn't feeling it. I didn't see the first one in theaters, I did go watch the second one, it was kind of fun. The third one though meh. Who knows maybe I will regret not seeing it in theaters, but it was two weeks before Deadpool and that was my focus. This year is about to be the Battle of the Titans. DC and Marvel have multiple movies coming out this year, Technically Marvel has 3 coming out because Fox released Deadpool, but there are two Marvel proper movies Captain America:Civil War and Doctor Strange vs two DC movies Batman v Superman:Dawn of Justice and Suicide Squad.

Hilariously the only group putting pressure on Marvel is Marvel, I mean with who knows how many Billion dollar or just under Billion Dollar movies under its belt the House that Prints Money(formerly the house that Stan built) only has to keep up the good work, and Civil War seems to be another hit in the making. Nothing but a few stills and Cumberbatch in the suit for Doc Strange though, which is kind of smart. Why fight with Deadpool and Civil War it would get buried. As for Suicide Squad it may turn out to be a runaway hit like Guardians of the Galaxy, but B v S Dawn of Justice is in a tough spot, it is DC's answer to the runaway hit that is the Avengers movies, no pressure right. Marvel just had a two year 6 movie head start(and no I don't count Nolan's Batman movies because what do you know that ain Bale and that ain Bale's world). I'm going to watch it when it comes out in a few weeks and while I hope it is good, everything in my heart screams raggedy mess.

While DC isn't Marvel, a rushed story is a rushed story, and as I said in my EWwGL post rushing things rarely turns out well. To introduce 4 new characters (RIGHT) would take like 3 1/2 hours. Especially characters of this magnitude, Wonder Woman? Batman? Flash? Aquaman? These guys are the pillars of DC's comic empire(I said COMIC not MOVIE), most times that you see an animated representation of DC's wares 2 or more of those characters are involved. The only time Aquaman did not play a huge part in a major DC cartoon was Justice League, and that had Superman, Wonder Woman, Batman, Flash, Green Lantern, Hawk Girl, and Martian Manhunter. And when that show went unlimited(Justice League Unlimited that is) guess who's scaly butt showed up, that's right Aquaman.

Anyway enough this is a throwback post so I hope you guys get a laugh out of it

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Primal's Ponderings

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews