Wednesday, March 30, 2016

One of these Days they will just give us the movie and not the thing they feel we will sit through

For those who don't know I follow Kevin Smith, the other fat comic book and sci fi movie geek from Jersey(he's just famous), and today he just tweeted out this kinda cool deleted scene from Batman v Superman that shows some mother boxes EARLIER in the movie. Which if you read either of my posts(here or wordpress) you would see that I have a problem with the kinda jerky way that BvS set up the story. Honestly I would have sat through a 3 hour movie if it gave me the full story. I am going to be extremely pissed off if I buy the directors cut and realize "oh crap this was actually an awesome movie, they just cut the 30 minutes worth of scenes that tied EVERYTHING TOGETHER." In this deleted scene I see some weird creature, Lex Luthor Jr. and what APPEAR to be motherboxes, which you know what in the right context could explain SOME of why Lex appeared so herky jerky.

Like I said in my review, the action scenes are awesome it just never makes sense on how we get there. I'm starting to think there are so many small connecting roads that in an editors mind didn't seem like much but then again without them we are a whole 3 stores over. And I really do believe that there is an awesome movie in this mess somewhere, the execs just had it cut down to far because EVEN though this is the binge watching age where people sitting in front of their TV for more than 3 hours on a regular basis(including myself when I went on that 3 day Daredevil Binge).


In this scene you see some soldiers(of unknown allegiance), entering some weird area. We see some giant Alien looking thing and some floating boxes, we also see some strange looking possibly cherry colored liquid. After the Alien disappears we see Lex standing there opening his eyes as if coming out of a trance. Did something mess with Lex's mind, did he make connection with some extra terrestrial being/intelligence/consciousness/creature? This would have been interesting and depending on WHEN it happened could have explained or else hinted at what was going on with Lex in this movie. I know that there are certain levels of eccentricities in geniuses and powerful men that we forgive but as has been said before he looked awfully crazy, mad scientist/super villain crazy. And as we see "ha ha ha jokes on you" on the Robin costume it means Batman at least has a run in with The Joker so somebody seeming that crazy might throw up some red flags.  I'm not saying definitely but I feel a strong MIGHT

And since it isn't time for me to talk about SPOILERS yet, there are like 5 scenes that I swear we need a better set up for, that if we get just a FEW more tidbits of information we get some answers. Was he in on it, did she have an itinerary posted somewhere, why is he so absent minded, really THIS character is expendable? Wait, why did that work? Yeah there are a lot of places where it may look like a subtle push when it is already included but it's like when your GPS waits a second to long to tell you "get off on this exit, make this turn, driveway here." As a matter of fact ever been on a highway and you have directions and the two roads are damn near on top of each other and all the sudden you see WHOOPS this was the road I was supposed to get off at because they split right after you pass where you could rectify the problem. A long of the major plot points of the movie are like that, yes you get where you are going anyway but you aren't sure how the hell you got there. I call It "fast travel" but doubled up magic road arrival works too.

So while I stand by my review that BvS is good and yet frustrating it looks like when the directors cut comes out we might actually have a cohesive movie. Which is said, I would have sat through a 3 hour movie if that's what it took to fully convey the story to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Primal's Ponderings

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews