Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Whoa, look what snuck up on me

For those reading (if any of you are left) this is my 499th post on THIS blog. I remember when I did my hundredth on wordpress and of course I did something silly(but it was worth it) because it allowed me to get it out of the way without too much fanfare but 500 is different, 500 is special it has taken me YEARS to get here. Mainly because I keep taking long hiatuses. Which I will try not to do to commemorate this occasion. I mean 500 should somehow someway reflect my "Journey as a Blogger " right, I mean anybody who has written off and on long enough to accumulate 500 posts in one place HAS to be different now then he was before right? I would hope so. I doubt it will get done tomorrow though, because I have a long trip ahead of me and my mind isn't going to be in it. So when I get back we will start planning the 500th post. It's hilarious it was almost a movie review(that I still owe) which would have been awkward because then I couldn't have done this warning post if I would have  noticed it. Lucky I guess that I looked at my posts today.

As we all know, blogging is a rhythm thing for me. I get in a mindset, my fingers hit the keys and out pops who knows what. Hilarity, insanity, mundanity, and yes I just started rhyming out of nowhere but I was running with it like a Vogon with a form that needs stamping. It's crazy I usually make a big deal about views(which I haven't paid attention to lately. Mainly cause I miss all the awesome numbers. 50,000 is coming up soon, I think), I would make a big deal about comments but there would have to be some. Maybe because I don't really say anything TOO controversial over here, I think, folks either just say "you crazy primal" and move on or maybe I didn't leave too much room on the subject for commentary except for those few random posts. And commenters I appreciate all of you.
One of my issues of course is I prefer to get these views and comments organically. If you have something to say, I want you to feel compelled to say it not because I begged or pleaded but because leaving said comment felt necessary or even worthwhile. I am the same way, do I need to say this, yes or no. Sometimes it's do I want to say this and damn the torpedoes. I respect that it's my thing though, I will say whats on my mind regardless of it's popularity the worst you can do is ban or block me. And I still have all these OTHER wonderful places on the internet to explore. Hell as often as places disappear you think losing one spot is going to end my love for the web? Check the other blogs my friend I go random places, do random things, watch random things, and I am absolutely happy with myself in the process.

I have lived my life trying to please others so that they will like me, it didn't turn out to well so now I live my life so that I enjoy my time here and the everyone else can either respect that or get stuffed. There is a lot of power in making someone EARN your respect, understanding, or even acceptance. It's an every moving goal line that if you so choose they can never reach, and if you are in DIRE need of attention or assurance it is an extremely potent drug... But let's not get into such deep subjects here this is just a pre event post. Not a philosophical missive. I will be back in a few days, hopefully, with a post POSSIBLY worthy of the title 500th Post. Or I will just write one of my crazy essays and be done with it, I haven't decided yet I mean it is here but it ain here because this is 499 I could just stop here and let it languish forever.

What I will say is unless something CRAZIER happens in the next few days I will avoid politics. First I don't want to seem pretentious by making that an EVENT post, second in THIS administration I might want to abide by WORDPRESS rules cause cussing is necessary. I could try and write a story but that would take DAYS, plus I would probably NEVER be happy enough with it to post it. We shall see, I really don't have a clue yet but Give me Time I'll come up with something.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Primal's Ponderings

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews