Sunday, August 28, 2011

This is NOT a review

I just want to say that after watching Captain America:First Avenger I was so relieved. I'm 36, do you know how many HORRENDOUS Captain America movies they have made in my lifetime. I think as far as my most hated goes it has to be The Beach Ball shield, I may do a write up on that one for the Sequels vs Reboot/Remakes series but just off top how on gods green earth did that crew get a chance to touch a marvel property. If ever you wondered why Marvel stayed away from the movies for so long it's because of crap like this



How do you expect me to believe that this shield is supposed to be damn near impenetrable when it is shaking around like a foam finger at a playoff game. As with most uniforms yes this one was changed too(I believe they changed it back to something closer later) while the costume for the second movie(never knew about that one) was closer to the Comic books they left the lousy shield. I got the video from here as I had read some Cap books at the time I could not look on this one fondly, others did I couldn't. I mean yes the star had the "super hero" build but everything else sucked. I mean honestly if you are giving me the lean athletic with good script and acting versus the hulking behemoth with an extra helping of cheese I'll take the later. And while the 90's one was pretty much as close to a comic translation as possible the costumes SUCKED, (not gonna say the other word because I am not talking about the first FF movie that marvel bought and burned, I have seen pictures I need eye bleach and a memory charm) and the red skulls head Red Hulk Hands anyone.

So while I am still not in "review" mode I did want to say that I am happy that Captain America finally got a good movie, were there sappy moments sure, were some parts of it a little unbelievable yup. This was a comic book movie, I didn't want hyper realism I wanted to be transported into a world that had some of the same rules as ours but just had that little bit extra added. I would blanch at the addition of Asguardian tech but then again I am finally getting one of my team up movies so I will pipe down and smile happily when I get my hands on the Blu-ray. As this seems to be a good time for comic book movie fans I did want to take a short moment to get that out of my head, we have a few more reboots coming up, a few new characters getting a green light, and some sequels on the horizon. If you want more good movies support the ones you like and lament the ones you don't.

This was one of those whim blogs that take up the majority of my postings, didn't want to review the movie but I did want to comment that I got my money's worth plus the Avengers Trailer played after the movie so Win Win. Speaking of comic book movies I wonder if Nick Fury will every get his own movie, own GOOD MOVIE there is one I will not risk the hate mail of showing you clips of it but you have the google you can find it. I did ONCE only once and you don't want to know how much alcohol it took to burn THAT from my memory *shiver*, by the way take that as a disclaimer, I am not Hoff bashing but Uwe Boll wouldn't have made that movie, yes I said that if you are brave enough to go watch it for yourself I welcome you to come back and rebut that statement.

And no at this moment in time I will not be starting a "sucky movie that stole x amount of minutes from my life series" because that would require me going back and rewatching some epic suckfests and you my dear readers do not comment enough for me to put up with that. That might even require me watching some old bad pilots, and unless you are going to come console me and send me eye bleach (or else come watch them with me) nah not just yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Primal's Ponderings

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews