Sunday, August 28, 2011

No movie this week

Those who have come by frequently may be expecting me to post the trailers for a movie either tonight or tomorrow but as the only movie that I wanted to see didn't play at the theater down the street I decided to pass on the movies tonight. I wanted to see Columbiana that suspense thriller staring Zoe Saldana as the young girl who's parents were killed in front of her as a little girl and she grew up to be this awesome hit woman. What can I say I love those "spy" type movies. Hanna was good and so were the Bourne movies so another in the list why not. Unfortunately the Malco 12 at Raleigh Springs isn't showing Columbiana just Conan the Barbarian(on for a second week I guess it got enough ticket sales to remain), Don't be Afraid of the Dark(yeah didn't make my socks roll up and down either), Final Destination 5(*Ahem* you know it kid of defeats the purpose of saying FINAL Destination if you keep making sequels, and I will now sit down with my hypocrisy and play the next FINAL Fantasy game, what I admit i'm a hypocrite can you), Rise of the Planet of the Apes(good movie), and the Smurfs(Seriously, yall are still watching this movie? The Smurfs are in New York City HELLOOO they live in a forest, inside mushrooms way back in the time of kings and castles I just, something is wrong with yall).



Actually let me break off my original thought process for a minute, ladies and gentleman as a child of the 80's and 90's when a lot of these shows getting movie send ups were originally created I thoroughly enjoyed said cartoons. Thing is the ONLY way I am going to see them in the movies is if they stick true to the original intent of the show. Transformers, yup that was about it autobots come to earth, fighting with the decepticons trying to find a new home. It is a war that they brought all the way from planet Cybertron, I have no problem with that. Astro Boy that is kind of who he was Megaman in non video game form(what please look at his birth and look at Megaman's back story and tell me somebody doesn't owe somebody else some coin. Only difference is Astro can fly). Gi Joe went to the backstory of how we got Cobra, it was close to the original they were an elite group of soldiers fighting an international terrorist organization. If they ever do the Thunder Cats movie I keep hearing about I expect to see them around the time of the middle ages when it would make sense for Mumra to have a pyramid back on 3rd Earth. So for the Smurfs to be in the modern day and age instead of back with the Sword, Sorcery and bard crew(remember Peewee the guy with the horrible voice who rode the goat, yeah how does he fit in NYC in the modern age, I didn't think so) I can't support that. I know it's cheaper that way if you want to do it live action and CGI and on top of that what about Azrael Gargamels cat? He was this huge orange Tabby who came up to Gargamels knees on the cartoon. So what do they do they animate all the smurfs and pick a normal orange cat to be Azrael. And Gargamel created Smurfette so how is she just gonna be in the movie like it ain nothing, no I am not going to watch it I'm insulted you just through some little blue booties on the screen and expected people to fork over the dough so that their children could enjoy some cheesy La laaa's.

I swear the first time I saw that trailer my mind screamed "Aaaargh take it away take it away what is this crap that isn't the smurfs", I know its a kids movie but as one of the young kids who grew up and helped that show become a merchandisers wet dream I expect a little bit of appreciation for why it is we liked it. Okay okay I'm taking a breath rant over

I don't know if I will have a post for tomorrow I just know as of today nada, so this is for those wondering hmm did he go to the movies today NOPE. I did watch the first episode of the second half of the Doctor who season that explains why River Song has her current look and why it is everybody is after Melody Pond/River Song but I already spoke on that in a previous blog so I won't be rehashing it. I have found a new streaming site to watch old TV show, Movie and anime Episodes on, pretty good so far I might recommend it later. Speaking of Anime I have to catch up on the latest bleach and naruto subs, okay I think I have gotten rid of everything immediately on my mind if anything else pops in I will most likely let you know ooooh I could do a blog about the books I got from the library this time, I'll do that tomorrow see doing a little random blogging can be therapeutic and help you brain storm

And I'm spent


No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Primal's Ponderings

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews