Saturday, January 21, 2017

Primal's rules to writing

Save on this blog I have absolutely none, and the only one on this blog is "Dear Primal do not curse in a post," if I so chose I could curse in the commentary but I have yet to actually have anyone come through who deserves said ire. I mean it's not like I have never had disagreeable people come through before(well technically not on this blog), unfortunately for me unless it's a really poignant(I swear I always want to add an extra N to that word, I guess I could have used Topical or Insightful) I probably pay you no mind. I write for the most part as I speak, so yes I really am this random, I do tend to bring up movies, TV, or music a lot, and you may have to go back and reread because you may find that the scenic route I took you was the actual route I was trying to take to the subject.

The route was colorful, sometimes comical or sharp, and always exactly how I meant to say it, if I said it at all. It's kind of the reason why any throwback post you see isn't edited though commentary may be added later. Writing is a process even for me, and just like on social media, "if you see what I deleted because I either thought it was too much or else didn't think it efficiently got the point across you might be scared of exactly how much I thought about said subject." I don't like to be misunderstood, which is why I probably say way too much, typos/misspellings/my issue with homonyms I can get around. Being misunderstood though, it's damn near a nervous tick I don't just like being heard, I like for the person/people who hear me to actually understand where I am coming from.
I know that there are people who frown upon conversational writing, I will allow them their preference. I just want a good story, or I want someone to do whatever it takes to allow me to understand their point/subject. I will even allow a decent amount of irreverence because sometimes you have to ignore other peoples SUPPOSED sense of decency to actually get a point across. People can be vain and shallow, and in groups immensely so, as such a well placed shot to the chops may be the only thing to actually break up the monotony and actually get people talking. Will we all agree probably not, we may not be far away from each other but full on agreement is rare. To see the distances though I feel is important, optical illusions being what they are sometimes it helps us to see exactly what paths are open to us as well as what destinations we could possibly venture to later.

I also think for SOME stories time is of the essence, maybe it's because I can be so flighty when it comes to my writing moods but for some things get it out of your head as soon as you can, not because what you are writing might be foolish, but because life happens. What I am thinking about at 10 am my disappear by 5 pm, not because I stopped believing it or in it, but because who knows what my day entailed. How many problems I had to solve, people I had to talk to, did I eat, am I thirsty, did shorty bang bang with a nice shape and a pretty face walk by then double back to talk to me(doesn't happen to often but hey even the sun shines on this dog every once in a while). Distractions are a part of every day life, I believe most people who are trying to write(not folks who have reached a point not so much where it is second nature but that it is for the most part habit) will say that distractions can ruin the mood which they require to write.

Whether it be driving the subject matter from their heads, or destroying the original structure to which their minds were intrigued enough to want to commit it to page(as this post almost was due to installing electronics). This isn't easy, even somebody who types as quickly as I do can easily lose whatever it is had first piqued my interest enough to want to pick up my laptop to type. Which is hilarious since when I first started blogging I had only a desktop, and as much portability as a laptop has I still need time to be able to pull it out. I have a tablet but I can't tell you the last time I charged it's keyboard(plus I want a new one, I am just waiting to for T-mobile to have one that feels right), and I really haven't done to much blogging on it(or the tablet that preceded it). I guess you could say "human to a fault stubborn to a T," no obvious puns intended of course.

I suck at names in real life thus I probably suck at names with characters. I remember having to go back and edit names into a story, because it was a bunch of He's, Her's, I's, She's, and Them's I had completely forgotten to give people names. Which if you have a VISUAL story isn't as much a problem because hey, just have the person walk out and talk then mentally most of us go "okay who's this dude, meh whatever hey original dude is back. Hey cute shawty alright, meh this one is annoying," but we can separate them all out. I think it's one of the reasons I hate seeing something from the middle if two characters are talking but never use a name when addressing some one I hate trying to figure out who is the "meh/ugh" character, you know the one causing the consternation, or hell the one who's face they want to sit on. And yet because I just know you when I know you and unless we are cool enough to exchange nicknames(or you have busted me out in person so many times that I have made it a point of mental survival to remember your name) I might know your face, even remember from whence you face was first introduced to me, but if you ask me your name umm, errr, yeah, I got nothing.

This is of course if it is a story that GETS names, some of the stories I tell are recountings of past events and JUST IN CASE I may not use names because somebody might get caught out there. It took a minute(mainly because I forget what I called it) but I found the story I was thinking about while typing that here, not that I think after like 30+ years anybody might still be in trouble but because if I tell a more recent story like that welp you know how mama's are "whoopins have no expiration date," lie and say they do and if you a parent lie and say you don't think that way, yeah I thought not. Anyway I have no clue why I wanted to write this, it came to mind I figured meh why not so I did. Anyway happy Saturday I hope all are well and thanks again for coming by.

I don't know how long I will have the blogging bug again, don't know what will be inspiration and what will distract me to the point where I just stop again. By the way, the tragic nature of the lack of participation in MOST of yesterdays events HI LARRY US(I knnow it's spelled Hilarious but as I was breaking it up ahem it's my thing okay) when nobody likes you, and nobody cares to remember your name. The Sun came up today, hopefully comes up tomorrow, and life goes on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Primal's Ponderings

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews