Sunday, February 19, 2017

Public retry of the first Pagination code attempt



It appears that I goofed, not kinda goofed completely goofed. It seems that if you want to correctly paginate using the code I had typed in before you had to first complete the post, then copy the post on top of the code and then after all that greatness was done, publish don't preview(which I hate, I would like to have a decent Idea of what it is I am working on and how it looks). The thing is, if I am trying some code out for the first time I would like to preview what the hell it looks like BEFORE I go ahead and use it. I will post links to the pages I found the information on later.

I said I goofed, what did I mean? Well it seems that if you PREVIEW the post it changes the code at the bottom to whatever the code for the preview page is(which sucks) of course that made me think the code didn't work(which technically isn't the codes fault it is mine) so of course I looked on to other code and then discovered my mistake, so what did I do? I reposted the ORIGINAL code and then published it, saw that it MOSTLY worked, took it back to draft no harm no foul right, yup. Which means now I need to retry that FIRST attempt again now that I realized the failure was all user error not code error.
To do that correctly though, I dear readers am going to need a post. Not really a good post, just something that has a bunch of words typed in it, that will allow the pagination code to work and will give me the ability to write longer posts without you having to read the longest post in the history of the internet. Look, I know who I am, and I know how I tend to type out my thoughts as such when I feel it gets a little out of hand I may rush things, may delete things hell may even delete whole sections because: no pagination and the post is long enough as it is, so what if I could fix that? What if I could type out a post, figure out where I wanted it to paginate at, then go back and add the correct code and once it was all finished put it up for you to read with everything going on in the background and you just getting to the bottom of a certain section and I put up the next page? Sounds awesome, and I have never minded a coding lesson I always needed the coding time and a link to the right information.

Notice how the hover text is back? Yup I was doing that for a while, then I stopped and now I am doing it again like gangbusters(don't worry I never float over curse words). I forgot the code language for it, so I stopped using it, now that I found it again and I can remember it the more I use it the less I need to go look it up. Granted I never indicate WHAT words have float overs, and if I were to type up a story I don't know how I will indicate that a certain word holds a clue/float over for later. But I actually do want to do that, it is one benefit that stories written on the internet have over stories in books published the traditional way, you can hide things in plain site for people reading them on your website. Yes you could always just type "XYZ says to himself" which is how we used to do it, but now that we have smart devices, laptops, tablets, and desktops why not take advantage. The most interesting part of this test is I have to type out 4 pages worth of content. Now the FIRST attempt I did a couple of paragraphs to see what would happen, it did not work out well.











Pages:

1

2

3

4




No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Primal's Ponderings

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews