Thursday, February 11, 2016

We are the core(6/26/11) Throwback Thursday

In Brightest Day
In Blackest Night
No Evil shall escape my sight
For those who worship Evils might
Beware my power ... Green Lanterns Light

Green Lantern


The funny part about this post is that THIS was going to be my green lantern review. Unfortunately my laptop crashed.

Not crashed for long I forget if it wasn't plugged in or else it overheated
But just like I warned in my fallout blog SAAAAVE OFTEN
I had not, so the 4 or 5 paragraphs were gone.

And I was dejected, it was mostly positive because so was the movie
until the ending. So in HONOR of Green Lantern, I think that's what I'll do
and Everything wrong with "Green Lantern"
And no it won't be like many of those youtube vids.
Most of those guys are going for blood just to. It does have good points.
A lot of good points if you ACTUALLY KNOW THE CHARACTER.
Which many of those guys apparently don't
Granted being a guy in his forties has it's benefits. 
A lot of these reviewers are either millenials or else casual fans.

There is nothing wrong with being a casual comics fan, UNLESS you are trying to describe what drives a character. Because then perspective helps
Like knowing that Batman USED to use a gun to compare today's contrast.
Or that the reason it used to say "Leap tall buildings in a single bound"
On superman comics is because, like the hulk, he just jumped a long way, was extremely strong, and nigh impervious.
Green Lantern actually used to be MAGIC.

Also Hal Jordan wasn't always the stand up guy, hell he was rarely the stand up guy. He was brave, he was courageous, and well meaning.
What he wasn't was perfect, which his comics showed.
Which is why a lot of what those "x wrong with the green lantern movie"
Or my favorite of all time "X wrong with the first two fantastic four movies"
Posts are always so cringe worthy. Like do you even know these characters, or did you read ONE graphic novel and decide THIS is who he is. Yes SOME characters have been redefined by graphic novels:Daredevil, Batman, Red Hood, Venom, Electra but most times graphic novels are ONE SHOTS.
So like All star Superman, nice story but hell no we ain killing off one of our most recognizable characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Primal's Ponderings

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews