Thursday, February 4, 2016

Something new

It's Thursday, and while I'm not a huge fan of posting old pictures(mainly because a younger me was not too fond of taking them) I figure I could do something equally crazy, I could go through and post old drafts from this blog, as is. A few will pop up today

Whoop dee, who cares about a few posts that didn't make the cut right. Well that isn't really how writing works with me, sometimes it isn't that an idea didn't make the cut it's more that: I got busy, lost my train of thought, swore I would get back to it, and then a bunch of weeks passed and whoops you are forever languishing in the drafts folder.


Now as most people who have frequented this blog know, the post will be random. No not, "Oh hey don't I know you random" more like your best friend walking into the room with some crazy idea that everything in your mind tells you no, but your guilty pleasure center says hell yes. Some of them will be posted just because they became slightly more relevant as things have changed. Thing is, as it was a spur of the moment type thing I'm going to attempt to add some order to it for the next time. Like the date it was last edited so you can see just how terrible I can be at writing things.

This post of course is just going to go out, hopefully in a mostly finished state. I may restart up the "comics to" posts, as well as add a "Young adult to", and a "Fiction to" for the future. Especially since Mortal Instruments got a TV show(Shadowhunters) after the movie bombed. Which since the show actually looks like it is just the first book, yeah I believe this is the way it needed to be in the first place. I forget how long each of the Mortal Instruments books were, but they do need a lot of exposition. 13 seconds of dialogue isn't really going to cut explaining a thousand years war between demons and Nephilim(though to be fair these guys aren't actually traditional Nephilim more like hybrids), plus there are a lot of scenes between each of the 5 main protagonists that you need to allow to develop. So just like Buffy the Vampire Slayer(while it doesn't have the same teeth yet for the main character) the big screen not so much, the small screen though may be a life saver(yes I almost used God send but I felt naaah I'm better than that pun when talking about angels).

So I hope so far 2016 has found you well, 2015 was crazy, too crazy and let's just treat that as the lost year that it was(seriously). If you are here reading welcome back, I see many of you have been here more than me as late, and thanks for not leaving the place a complete wreck

2 comments:

Disqus for Primal's Ponderings

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews