Thursday, February 25, 2016

I made it a double(2/22/12)

Tuesday night since I had access to a vehicle, was off work on the early side and had a few shekels to rub together decided to hit the movies. This won't seem to new or out of the ordinary for most folks who read in 2010 or 2011 since I went to the movies almost every week. Unfortunately my normal movie viewing destination has closed and my old Friday habit of hoofing it the 10-15 minutes it was to make it there for the last show is no more.

So I went to the Paradiso, a Malco Theater(one of these days I'll take a pic of the sign) and decided to take in Ghost Rider:Spirit of Vengeance. And as I got out around 9:30 I decided "hey why not go ahead and watch Safe House too, just in case my brothers Welch on movie outings again."  I wasn't paying attention but GR was in 3D and I don't know about the rest of the glasses wearing movie public but the glasses over my glasses always give me mild eyestrain and a slight head ache. It was much worse during the old "blue and red paper throw aways" days, now its not every but a few GR falling into the few category. So i forked over my 12 buck(my poor wallet) and sat through the flick, got 5 trailers, that blog coming soon, and watched the movie. Review MAY be coming later, afterwards since a showing of Safe House was coming up within a few minutes I hopped back in line a paid for my ticket(don't give me that*yeah right* look I actually have the stubs to prove it) and enjoyed the 9:30ish showing of Safe House. I got 5 trailers with each movie I'll try and get those in today and possibly clean my review slate up for at least 2012.

If you aren't having a good week so far, hey it's Thursday tomorrow night begins the weekend

--------------------------------------

I know Spirit of Vengeance pretty much buried the series, I forget if I did a review for it or not but I hated how they just tossed aside the Penance Stare it was awesome in GR. I understand that they wanted to show a little more conflict in SoV but you don't change what works. Safehouse was interesting, Ryan and Denzel put in good performances. I am cleaning out my drafts folder and this is turning out to be pretty fun. As I go through and show off either old blogs or old "blogs in the making" you will get a better idea of where I start or how I go about writing, I can tell you most of it is chaos, I will ask you to forgive my spelling errors in these throw back posts because I do that at the end and of course these are as is(thus why you got the blank "we are the core" Blog)

4 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed "Safe House". I've never seen Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance. I agree those 3D glasses can be annoying. When I know I'm going to a 3D movie, I make sure I wear my contacts. The glasses on top of glasses always makes me feel silly..lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Safehouse was really well done, the characters revealed themselves slowly but either you loved, hated, or were annoyed by them but they made you feel something. Ghost Rider Spirit of vengeance was a disappointment, the first movie wasn't perfect but it at least captured the spirit of the character. The second one they seemed to just say hey lets just throw a bunch of random effects in here and call it a movie.

      And like I said they removed the coolest effect from the first movie, like wth the penance stare was awesome why would you get rid of that?

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I meant for this to be a reply so yes I the author deleted my own comment lol

      Delete

Disqus for Primal's Ponderings

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews