Saturday, December 4, 2010

On the combatants path

Walking to go see "The Warriors Way" which I expect to be an awesome movie. Cowboys, ninja's, swords, the wild west and martial arts action.

Yes that is a lot to cram into one movie, yes it looks like a comic book geeks wet dream(yeah like I've ever denied being a comic book geek), and yes there are lots of ways this can become an epic fail. I'm still psyched to be walking to go see it, mad props to @thinkhero and @geektyrant for having the trailers of this movie up on their sites. First place I saw them and it wet my apetite for the movie.

And I want to be honest I hope its an over the top movie, martial arts movies are best when its over the top. Mysticism draws me in, so what if I can't figure it out, or I have a hard time believing it. If I'm spending major amounts of time debunking what happened in your movie, you win. For me to have to "debunk" something that happened in a movie means it captured the hearts and minds of millions. The fact that 30 years after the original Episode IV a new hope scientist are still doing "scientific debunkings" and discussing the practicalities of lucas' epic let's you know the power of that work.

When people just brush you off, you are a fad, a trend maybe a slow growing movement. But when they start discussing you outside of your medium, they start trying to lower the expectations of us reality because: why hasn't science or industry given us this, man you kicked some tail. I don't care what it is at some point in time if its advanced now it was an irrational fantasy of someone who thought outside the box.
Even if its magical, how many times have we heard tales of magic, might and triumph? So the fact that you have capture peoples imagination with you telling, made them want to be a part of your vision is outstanding.
People can always tell you how to do what is expected, what others have done before and made common place. To be extraordinary or exceptional that takes a lot of personal effort. At the theater again I'll take another pic do the trailer blog and cya after the movie.

Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Primal's Ponderings

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews