Saturday, June 18, 2011

Can I get out of this "Funk"

Being a HUGE Parliament fan, I have no Problem with FUNK. Personally I need the FUNK, I am always down for the FUNK, but it is the 18th day of June and I only have 10 entries added to the total so far(over 100 for the year though) and I've only gone to see one movie, that ain pimpin. To make matters worse I haven't exercised in weeks, I am starting to resemble something a certain green muppet is known to rest on, possibly sitting in a pond, with moss growing on me. Why I'm off kilter like this is anybody's guess am I not used to the environs of my new room yet possibly, as the saying goes heat rises(save it seems in the playoffs but hey first year together you made it all the way to the finals and a Game 6 with a young coach and a team EVERYBODY not in the city of Miami hated, not bad) and this room is often quite warm but I've blogged in the heat before so meh probably not a good enough reason. While I have been tweeting, tumbling and everything else a little bit I have been somewhat absent from those worlds at times too, yes I am having the same technical difficulties with my Vaio that I complained about previously so that is part of it, hell while originally beginning this post my damn Firefox crashed for no apparent reason.



Unfortunately the place where I wanted to get a "replacement" PC and back up all my old data to while I reloaded this (the Vaio) with Win7 hasn't gotten the refurbished Dell Towers in that I wanted, which in essence is a blessing and a curse, it means I have saved up more money than is needed, which also means that I have more options than I did before(I could go to Wally World and get one of their dell bundles IF I was so INCLINED or even a Cheapish Laptop from Best Buy if my last Cheapish laptop wasn't such an unbelievable disaster) which is of course the blessing I mean I was thinking of buying a free agent around the same time as the refurbished PC thus I get another hard drive bay and a nice sized internal HD(at this moment in time looks like Best Buy has a 2TB on sale for 102 bucks before taxes sweet). The curse is of course until I buy said new PC or Laptop(because having a laptop would also allow me to do what I had to do blogging and surfing wise while I copied the data onto the external drive and then reloaded the Vaio, it would just mean I could only put the external drive in the Vaio not either/or, I also probably need to take the Vaio outside and remove all the dust it has accumulated over the years) I still run into the constant buys and crashes, which sucks. As you can see though I am being a trooper I'm still posting and I won't blame the lack of production on the PC because I have phones and even though now both Blogger-droid and the Official Blogger app have eaten posts I know how to go ahead and write more. Of course a new annoyance is that my old keyboard is having crissues(Critical Issues, a saying my wife and her friend used to use), all the keys don't work so that some of my more habitual hot key motions are acting like they don't know me no more. I mean techinically I could "Borrow"(whether or not I EVER have the intent to return it does not matter, its still borrowing) a keyboard from the office, we have enough laying around many of which are of the old PS/2 style like this computer uses I could use a new mouse too, but I like seeing VAIO on all my stuff.

At some point in time this weekend me and the Bredren will probably go see Green Lantern(I know what about the Xmen post, I'm about to start working on it, sometime I think, I swear whatever), I wanted to go see super 8 but I didn't get a chance and I didn't see any showtimes for it at my local theater, though the lights were still on last time I walked past. I guess I have to physically attempt to walk into the Theater and ask them what is going on, while they seem to be doing passable business Malco Inc seems to have been cutting down their showtimes and support slowly but surely AAAAAAND just as I say that what do you know MOVIE TIMES (ooooh I owe you such a PINCH). So whether Lank(Afro, P.Wrangler, Tall, Dark and Froey what we're his brothers and any and all messed up nicknames we can come up with for Afro Calrissian are completely legal) shows up or not me and Kitsune can hit the theater and watch a movie(hopefully I get First Class done before showtime so I don't have to remember one movie before I write the other one). Now I have had to write two reviews in one day before(way back when I did my reviews of the Losers and Clash of the Titans, but I watched those in the same night and I had no choice, before of course I started doing blogs of the trailers too), but since Xmen is more procrastination than necessity let me start working on that now.  Get some leftover pizza in my system and something to drink then lets conquer the world.

Speaking of procrastination there is a blog on my phone I have been working on off and on(mainly stuck there because my phone was acting crazy that I may switch to draft status here. Plus the one I was writing last night before I got waaay too relaxed. I think I have to start a New Personal Policy uploaded to blog by close of "business" IE before I switch from my phones to my PC. That way things don't languish on the phones forever waiting for me to get back to them(again I never denied my humanity I screw up sometimes). It's a lot easier for me to finish a post that is sitting in my drafts on my puter than it is on my phones, I'm always worrying about the glitch monster eating them. Granted yes I could always select all copy before this happens but hey its still a hassle. Okay enough "Eat, Light Incense, and Start Writing the Bloggers Life for me"(you're allowed to laugh at that last part rememeber I NEVER take myself to seriously I'm just a guy with a computer and a penchant for the unintentionally comedic, life's too short to be so serious)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Primal's Ponderings

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews