Sunday, June 5, 2011

MAY be I will

Wow looks like May was the second most productive month to date here on the ponderings, 50 posts wow I wasn't really keeping count I like it though. Its X day, whether with my brothers or solo I'm going to see X-men:First Class today. Now being a comic book movie of course X-men has a built in fan base AND the highest knowledgeable critic base possible. You want to know why The Last Airbender was panned so quickly, EVERYBODY knew how the story was supposed to go save M. Night Shamalan.

Now sometimes you can get a MINI pass if you can touch a part of a comics/Cartoons fan base that has seen an older or DIFFERENT version of the story before(yes I'm talking about Schumacher's Batman Forever), but even that will only get you so much rope(thus Batman & Robin being so hated). I understand its Hollywood, and that Hollywood Conventional Wisdom is different than everyone elses but hey Dragonball Evolution don't you think if you take a property with a 20+ year American fan base that you should at least WATCH THE SHOW. I mean I know there is no idea like a well worn proven idea(*cough* Transformers we think we have sucked the life out of every animation style and possible story reboot possible*cough*) mmmm scuse me ah ah ah (*achoo GI we don't know how its possible but we took a cartoon about a high tech military special forces group and made the new cartoons suck oo* *sniff*), wow excuse me my allergies must be acting up.

Where was I oh yes, properties with loyal fan bases will USUALLY come out in support of their favorite character as long as you don't bend them over(Superman IV:The Quest for UnLubed Sodomization) and ream them royally for no other reason than that you own the property rights (Roger Cormans Fantasyic Four). This is not to say that even well intentioned as close to the story line as can be movies can't fall short(the 90's Captain America theater release comes to mind. I dunno Cap's spandex just didn't translate too well, it was pretty much the complete Cap origin plus some pre hyperthermic adventures it just flopped *shrug*) but most times fans will love it. The best laid plans of mice and men sometimes(or just mice), Reboots are also pretty popular in hollywood and we have a Spiderman and a Fantastic Four reboot supposedly in the pipeline(maybe even a daredevil reboot).

I don't know if I can keep up with mays pace, it was extremely choatic hell some of the posts were things I meant to write in April but the storms delayed me and some things I was just mentally tired and couldn't get them out at first. I've also written a little more on wordpress, not a lot but a few things here and there. Yes when I am feeling one blog I have been known to neglect others, sometimes I've just had a mental switch flip and I'm off busying myself on the other side of the room, no offense I'm just focused on anyther way to express myself. Other times I just don't really have anything in my mind I want to talk about, it's not always going to be interesting some like this are me just expressing my thoughts on something that blew into my mind until I type it all out
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.9

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Primal's Ponderings

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews