Sunday, May 15, 2011

Do or die today

I'm determined now while I loathe watching movies on Sunday because it forces me to try and write a review during the week when my time is usually limited. But I'll suck it up, hell I might write the review tonight (breaking my usual reviewing tradition) just to get it out since I will have more time on a Sunday night than I will on Monday or Tuesday due to work.

Now if your wondering why I'm not at the movies now it's because I am watching game 7 between the Grizzlies and the Thunder. Now technically I really don't have a dog in the hunt anymore, I'm a die hard 76ers fan have been for years but Memphis is a basketball town. Granted it's usually COLLEGE basketball with the Memphis Tigers, but this run for the Grizzlies has been insane. Not saying that I am enjoying the game, I am a basketball fan and nothing I hate more that the "favorite son" treatement.
Now I understand that Kevin Durant is a rising star and you know what KD is doing his thing he is earning his points, problem is that the refs seem to have swallowed their whistles on the Grizzlies end of the court. Don't ticky tack on one end and then start playing blind man's bluff on the other, this is a Game 7 legends are born in this game. Both sides are playing their hearts out, please don't tarnish this moment by not doing your job, if it's a foul call it, I don't care if the guy has a poster if his arm is extended it's a push off, if he steps on the endline he's out of bounds, if he's holding the offensive rebounder while the ball is in the air that's a foul. It's halftime and granted in THIS series having the lead at the half is like asking to lose the game, I think only in game 5 did the halftime lead end up leading to the game winner. For a team that hadn't won a playoff game in it's history these 13 games have been exciting only after the triple overtime game did Memphis seem to be outmatched.

As for my movie of choice tonight it's "Priest" another in a line of Comics(or in this case Graphic Novels) to movies. This is going to be a great summer movie season for comic book fans, now granted Green Lantern is taking some late heat(but NOTHING in comparison to Conan, hopefully there is a new and CLEARER Conan trailer otherwise we have our first #Fantastisucked candidate of the year) for the mask and costume but meh I'm willing to give him a break til the movie comes out. Some have not been too fond of "Thor" but as mentioned I liked it, hit enough marks for me. Priest is one of those movies where I don't know much about it but I know the Genre both as a comic book fan and an anime fan vampire hunting is a common theme. So I'm hoping it this one is a good one, since it's not a main stream comic(granted I'm not as up on Comics as I was when I was younger so it could be a graphic novel from one of the Big 3 Marvel, DC and Darkhorse) this will open the door for more of the "independents" Top Cow and the like.

It's the 4th quarter in the Mem OKC game and it looks like the clock is finally about to strike 12 on Cinderella. I know they are going to go down fighting but there is one golden rule in sports:You can fight your opponent, you can fight the weather, you can fight injuries, but you can't fight the refs. Good run for the 2011 grizzlies though. Now time to check movie times and get ready to head down to Malco.  Priest on deck, hopefully I don't miss any trailers this time and the movie is good. Review to come time to bed this one and see you on the other side

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Primal's Ponderings

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews