Thursday, May 26, 2011

Decisions, decisions

I guess it was bound to happen, two movies that I want to see coming out the exact same week. Now we know I hit the movies I do a review and keep it moving, thing is to watch 2 movies in a premier week I would have to amend my 2 days after schedule, I might have to actually do them the night of. Which is an interesting precedent, 2 reviews including trailer recaps, on two nights. Hmm could I pull it off, actually the way this is setting up I could possibly do my 2 days between.

Today is thursday both Kung Fu Panda 2 and The Hangover 2 came out today, IF scheduling permits and I get home before say 6:30 pm I could walk to the theater, catch one and have til Saturday night to complete my review. Then on Sunday I could go check the other one out and have til Tuesday of next week to complete that review. I won't lie this is a good dilemma to have, I know next  week its all about X-men first class and I'm mostly prepared for that but this week is a happy shock. I won't lie I was too busy to hit theaters when part one of these movies came out and Ero Kitsune had to damn near tie me down to get me to watch the first Hangover.



Now in my defense(yes this will probably sound lame) it was all over twitter when it first came out and it was all anybody was talking about so it got kind of annoying. As it was during my brief movie hiatus, I hadn't heard of the movie, other than dude from "National Treasure" I didn't know much about most of the names involved(Iron Mike not withstanding) and again EVERYBODY was on its nuts. So I was like pfft, no thanks, MAYBE when it hits cable if at all, then Lank and Kitsune On Demanded it to death(I love but hate my siblings sometimes)  so I would see it in fits and spurts so I just sat down and watched it all the way through. So now its like Bourne Identity I gotta see the next one in theaters, just gotta figure out how as well as who first.

Martial arts action or slapstick comedy, the fact that the little neckit asian dude is back is hilarious, he seems to have that annoying elitist role down pat(check him out in Role Models as King of the Larpers). Now they also have the whole original voice cast back for Panda too and they worked so well off each other, and since it looks like Po is finally going to get his epic kung fu battle with the 5 masters I hope they don't screw it up. Hangover 2 Panda 2, Monkeys, face tattoos and shoaling monks or monkeys, pandas, rhinos, tigers, snakes, mantises and the rest of the zoo in animated kung fu act Oh My. 

So which are you more geeked to see "Kung Fu Panda 2" or "The Hangover 2"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Primal's Ponderings

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews