Sunday, May 15, 2011

The Trailers for "Priest"

I was slightly gipped AGAIN by the Malco at Raleigh springs mall I only got 3 trailers for my movie this time. Priest had a few people in it, nothing like my 7 ish viewing of "Fast Five" which was packed for my dieing local theater but this one kinda looked like dandelions on the lawn people here and there. Amazingly I actually got my hot dog and a Blue and Red everything was actually ready this time, it's been so rare lately that I don't have to substitute green for one of my preferred slushie flavors.  Okay enough dallying here are the 3 trailers I saw prior to my viewing of Priest



Colombiana

A young girl watches her parents killed in front of her and becomes a cold blooded assassin with plans of revenge. The splash before the title was "Vengeance is Beautiful". Basically Zoe Saldana plays Colombiana the female assassin out for revenge, she seems to have perfected her art BEFORE she went after the men who killed her parents(I guess to make sure it wouldn't go off half cocked because she was unprepared). Looks like lots of guns, lots of bullets, and it may be lots of fun. This movie is recently on my radar, and as I have liked most of Zoe's movies so far I'll probably give this one a shot when it hits in September as long as nothing else I want to see is coming out.

X-men First class

Wow they are really putting this movie out there this has to be at least 3 weeks in a row where I either saw or heard mention of this trailer. I've done back story on the comic, did a mini work up of the characters in the trailer, I guess I could talk about the actors playing the parts this time. I mean I'm hyped to see the movie because I'm a Marvel and X-men fan of course thestory:

Charles Xavier and Eric Lenshurr gather together a band of young mutants to help them hone their skills as the existance of mutants is about to be revealed to the world in the middle of the Cuban Missile crisis.

Charles is played by James McAvoy I best know him for Wanted where he played the lead character Wesley the son of one of the worlds greatest assassins. He was also Mr. Tumnus in the Lion, the witch and the wardrobe He's had a few other roles in between(But I didn't watch those movies so I can't speak on them) and this is his second foray into Comic/Graphic Novel land. Lets hope he hits another homerun with X-men.

Eric is played by Michael Fassbender. He was in 300, Inglorious basterds, and Jonah Hex, I've seen 2 out of 3 but at the moment his face isn't really hitting me right now in said movies but 300 was good, supposedly Basterds was good and well Jonah Hex had a train wreck in the trailer(kitsune's words)

Raven Darkholme is played by Rebecca Romai oh wait, oops I'm sorry that's Jennifer Lawrence and that's all I got, she has some film credits to her name but I haven't seen any of those.

Hank is played by Nicholas Hoult who was in Clash of the Titans again plenty of movie credits by his name, I just haven't watched most of them(sue me, if it doesn't appeal to me I'll catch it on cable)

Straw Dogs

A young couple move back to the woman's small "country" town to begin a life together. The locals seem to know her well and are friendly enough UNTIL whats seems to be either an old or an unrequited love decides to try to claim today what he lost in his glory days. And the young couple must defend themselves trapped in their house while some of the more rowdy locals try to break in and "take whats theirs" (namely her) her normally mild mannered husband(she called him a coward in the trailer) must now grow a pair of brass balls and her some brass tatas to keep from being over run by said hooligans. Looks kind of horror movie/suspense thrillerish and I mean it might be good, but meh I'm gonna have to see more before I plunk down 8 bucks.

Okay thats all I got this go round, sometimes you get 5 and feel lucky, some times you get the normal 4(or maybe I have been spoiled lately) and sometimes you get the shaft(3 trailers) oh well. If you watch the movie and see any others please let me know, feed back is always welcome

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Primal's Ponderings

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews