Sunday, November 7, 2010

And as they should ALL good things must come to an end

18

18

18

18

18

Even in our best years that damn number has haunted us, Captain Cranium the Eagle killer. Peyton Manning, for the longest Donovan had more Playoff wins but didn't have any head to head wins(still doesn't) and if Donovan didn't have any head to heads, then neither did Andy Reid. I know everybody says against all odds when they watch their team win a tough game, but today I can say without a doubt it was against all odds. Every call that could go against us went against us, my favorite still has to be the one on Austin Collins injury. I am sorry the man got hurt, but he caught the ball, took 3 steps(both feet hitting the ground) got himself into a defensive position and then got sandwiched. Yes I will not deny he got crushed but the call on the field pretty much tells me either the refs just threw a flag and then made up a penalty afterwards or else they had money on the game.

What do I mean? The call on the field was "The ruling on the field is an incomplete pass(first mistake), with a personal foul for hitting a defenseless player, 15 yard penalty, 1st down colts" some might say well if we had a time out we could have challenged the play. No it was 3rd down, the incomplete pass part would not have bothered me, 4th down they kick it we get the ball. It was the penalty, you can not challenge a flag and it was about 3 or 4 flags in this game that damn near cost the eagles the game. I can be a little more lenient with the blow to the head call, they may not call them consistently but there was at least obvious grounds for that one, the hand did brush the helmet. I don't like that it gave them a first down but that flag could be explained and MILDLY justified. Now tomorrow I fully expect the NFL to come out and say that the refs in the Eagles vs Colts game made the right call. They have to, there will be anarchy in the streets this week if they don't who knows how many down this will be now with refs blowing calls. Because it will go back to week one with Detroit, how can you erase a touchdown because he loses the ball when getting UP after his butt hits the ground. Seeing that call kind of told me what kind of season it was going to be ref wise, because nobody has a choice if your Rule Upholders are shown to not know the rules exactly how can you play the game?

I actually feel sorry for Roger Goodell, he has tried to clean up football he is trying to clean it up while still leaving the physicality in the game problem is this year he has hired a bunch of bumbling idiots. Bad calls should not be a running narrative every week. Every few weeks sure a guy can miss a call or make a bad call, but EVERY week? And not just kind of bad calls but GAME CHANGING calls, wow there are teams who would have much different records if the refs would have made the right call.

But hey, we won Michael Vick bested Peyton Manning in the Hunter Green and Silver all is right with the world, the streak is over and another remains intact(Andy Reid is 12-0 after a bye week), and in case anybody wonder WHY Asante Samuel gets paid the big bucks ahem when the game is on the line and you not only intercept the ball but run 11 seconds off the clock YOU DA MAN. We didn't need another score we had the lead I don't care if I win by 2 points or 50 I just want to win. By the way anybody notice Desean Jackson basically tell dude I don't play that. I know Desean is a skinny guy and USUALLY skinny guys are thought to be kind of timid or mousy especially the brash and loud ones. Talk about the heart of an eagle, you gonna give me a head shot pimpin I will stand my ground and give as good as I get. And while he may not have gotten that BURNER pass on the next play from Vick when he did get it can I tell you Djax is pretty much unstoppable, as the announcer set he just outran the ball. 3 guys versus one man and he still gets the 20 yard pass, then with less than 2 minutes on the clock he gets you a first down and then another 8 yards for insurance, yeah we got a false start call but hey clock management was perfect(I'm not gonna kvetch about 6 seconds on the play clock just hike it and let it go) penalized for almost as many yards as we had rushing and we still won. Fly, EAGLES, Fly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Primal's Ponderings

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews