Friday, November 19, 2010

Friday's plan

Okay as I'm in one of the few areas where there wasn't a midnight Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows screening, I will be going tonight. Hopefully I like it as I said in last nights blog(that will be completed later and than posted in the timeline at its proper spot) the two movies to tell the whole story works.

I feel "Order" and "half blood Prince" could have benefitted from the two movie strategy. As could the Last Airbender (that and a different director) each book 2 movies to show the depths it took to get Ang past learning the element and for character development. A lot of the Harry Potter movies cut out vital scenes, characters, and events for expediency even though said events helped shape who the beloved characters would become.

Ron Weasley's courage when all hope seems lost

Hermione's slight touch of vanity which shows that she's more than just a wanna be authoritarian

Neville's pride

Dobby's resourcefulness

Kreachers deviousness

All of these characters played vital parts and roles in the books, Ron and Hermione of course are the Main characters, Dobby, Neville and Kreacher are second line characters who always seem to come through when needed. Even Kreacher(he may have come through 1st for the bad guys but as Olivander said "Great things, may have been terrible but great none the less"). Sometimes I think Hollywood forgets how we got here, how as long as you give us a good story we will sit and be amazed.

This ain a Hollywood critique blog though so let me cut that short, I could go on for hours on that subject. As far as today is concerned its work, pizza, movies, Black ops and a little bit of alcohol. Again nothing earth shattering, just me remarking on my day. Sometimes I'll wax poetic but most times its just me running my mouth.

Questions, queries, opinions you see the contact information drop me a line. I have no problem taking on subject matters, I just for the most part rarely start my day out with some outline of what's going on. Something catches my eye though and I can be off and running. Aiight had some subway and now I'm sitting behind the head shop about to go do some work. I hope everyone is ready for the weekend

Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Primal's Ponderings

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews