Tuesday, November 23, 2010

I thought we already did the Dr. Strangelove thing

I mean isn't that image burned into all of our minds if nothing else dude riding the missile off into the sunset before it explodes(I have actually never seen the whole movie but I know every time I hear about stupidity in the nuclear age I see that picture in my mind) and it had the subtitle of "When I learned to stop worrying and to love the bomb". I don't love the bomb, hell not only that but I just spent a good 20+ years of my life hearing about how we had to beat back the red menace, and keep a handle on Russian Nukes.

So what do I hear on the news since the election: Senator John Kyl of Arizona is blocking the new S.T.A.R.T treaty. To quote a popular twitter phrase "Where they do that at", these are the russians you know the guys back in 2008 we had to hear about Putin, the KGB in his eyes and how we had to be tough on him. I'm wondering if that good old adage of "do as we say not as we do" needs to start being floated around, actually it's "neither do as we say or as we do". I'm sorry maybe I don't see the big picture but as an American first(I may have dash status but I was still born here) and a democrat second as long as the plan is solid stopping an enemy OR preventing cheating or "loose"(lets be real they aren't loose they are missing) nukes is a good deal all around.

I mean I don't want to test the Nuclear Winter theory, I don't want to see if there really is a John Connors out there who can save us from the machines(or our own stupidity for short term political gain), how many times do we have to see, hear about and read this story. When you get too drunk with power you allow your enemy to overtake you from without. I know conservatives are the masters of the Pyrrhic Victory but damn, exactly what do you have to gain but going on overdrive to destroy the country? Did you forget you only had 1 house of congress and that there is still a president and a senate. Hell if we can get an up and down vote even if it's 50-50 we hold the white house let us go ahead and have Biden put us over the top.

I mean I didn't forget the Clinton years so I guess Obama better be honest about his damn Golf Score and make sure he has his toes behind the 3 point line. He better be ready to not only produce his birth certificate but show that he didn't have gay sex with that dude he was high and SURE he had sex with Obama back in the day. I know that the whole Impeachment Proceedings were tainted last time because they impeached Clinton over a blow job(I don't care what you say a man not wanting to talk about his infidelity towards his wife ain new in Washington, if you aren't going home every other week and you have young attractive MALE or FEMALE staffers and don't have a HIGH air plane ticket bill you stickin SOMETHING local), making it seem like the FORMERLY dire and solemn duty of the congress to police the executive could be used to basically just drag a political opponent through the mud.

Really I mean that's what people elected to office, a bunch of folks who want to really live out the Jerry Springer show in DC. Is it because in your Brewster's Millions future you just know if you punish the "liberals" when you get you comeuppance your life will be all milk and honey and you want have to pay a dime for money YOU didn't personally work to own but will hopefully be given.  What happened to all that talk about boot strapping and pulling yourself up and working hard for your own success, oh wait that was just towards everybody else.

I'm sorry but while MAD is supposed to be this BIG deterrent and you know I'm gonna die, your gonna die it's a tie/stalemate/we're all screwed HELLO it probably has nothing to do with me, it's a diplomatic pissing contest in which 9 times outta 10 if it was a regular person on the street somebody would have gotten their butt whipped and we could have called it a day and got some damn drinks. Again the idiots who push the button yes they are gonna die, but they are gonna take the rest of us with them. How is that you know SMART? You don't like somebody else's politics so you see this "Big Evil" over on the other side of the world that you SWEAR it is in our best interest as a country to keep our eyes on and not give them an inch and you just wanna leave the damn door open and say "Clean up when you're done, I'd watch you but *snap* I just remembered this 2 for 1 sale at the local mega mart" O rly? 0_o Hell anybody who played call of duty Modern Warfare 2 there was a nuke in you could get 25 kills in a row and if you were on the losing team but you could rack up those 25 kills in a losing effort, guess what you could blow everybody to kingdom come and get a medal for basically stopping the bleeding. In Black Ops you just gotta take it, I've administered so 4000 point butt whoopins, I've had to take a few too where you just couldn't get your bullets on somebody's behind(or you semtex arrow, damn I need to finish that other Black ops blog). You die, they die game is over and whoever had the most kills when the bomb dropped TECHNICALLY gets the win, but guess what WE ALL DIE. I personally REALLY don't want to see the real life version of that, I haven't ever wanted to see the real life version of some of the "never gonna happen" scenarios that have happened in both recent and distant history.

Now yeah I could link the hell out of this and get a whole bunch of data to support you know "Why NOT to play around with a nuclear arms reduction treaty" but if I really gotta go into that much detail to get you to understand NUCLEAR WEAPONS are a bad thing, is there really anything we COULD talk about. I don't want to glow in the dark, I don't want the sperm I shot on my last masturbating session to glow in the dark, not my brothers or mothers dog, not little Timmy's fish, not Suzies cat, Not Lenny's frog, Not Randy's ferret NOTHING should glow in the dark unless it's a damn glow in the dark shrinky dink(brings back memories right, yeah yeah I'm old

PAUSE

They still make SHRINKY DINKS, I'm talking little pieces of whatever fabric that is cook them in the oven SHRINKY DINKS, nah I ain sleep, this ain bizarro world and no I can't fly Okay, wow man shrinky dinks I thought those things would have been dead in the Digital Age.

but yeah I don't want to glow in the dark. I mean why can't they move on to the next thing, where's our plasma powered weapons and engines at, where's my dilithium crystals at. Why aren't we trying to hit WARP 9 Mr. Sulu, where are my Photon Torpedoes and our Phasers set to "stun"(set yours to stun all you want me and Eddie Griffin are of like minds, if you're the last alien and you acting all hostile your species is now extinct). I know there is a lot of money to be made sitting in the now(because you know we have already figured out how to do this, so even though I might make LOADS more money doing something new up front I'm lazy, I don't want to have to pay for it) I'm not some clueless ideologue I just know that just like I prefer my tiny blackberry as compared to that HUGE mobile phone with the attached shoulder bag, or my flat screen TV, Flat screen monitor with my computer 250 GB hard drive(Which is small if I'm willing to shell out the bucks I can get a 4 TB, just saying ain technology grand).

It is time to move on people, lets get this treaty done and fine new and more EFFECTIVE ways to lay each other out. Sad ain it, but at least THAT might peak some interests peace, nah peace isn't a good incentive not enough MONEY in peace for some

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Primal's Ponderings

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews